RCI Complaints

Wilda

The one that scares me the most is the comment about the evil company making money.

This has become then mantra of many in the past few years.

You can't fault thirsty people because they drink the cool-aid that is being offered to them day in and day out from a chunk of land just north of Virginia.

If you added up the number of complaints on that site, along with the number on this site, you are talking about a couple of cruises a year in total.

Royal sails more than 1000 cruises a year, carrying (I would guess) over 2.5 million passengers.

Now, how many complaints do you see online? Then realize that some of those complaints are silly or embellished, while others are administrative in nature and do not detract from what is otherwise a nice vacation.

Point being, things are never as bad as they seem.

I do not expect to be compensated for wet weather, but for passengers on Allure that i witnessed slipping and sliding around on wet decks and many falling, that is a different story. I looked around many times for warning cones or possibly an employee trying to mop up the decks....no such luck for the most part. I also did not expect to go sliding down the stairs at the Aqua Theatre spraining my ankle; tearing my ligaments and knee cartilage all the time holding onto the railing. NO the cruise line does not control the weather but they sure as heck can do a lot more to take responsibility for the after effects. In one hour of sitting around the pool, cast on leg prevented me from entering :mad:...I saw a total of 8 kids and 3 adults slip and fall on the wet deck..and not one safety cone to be seen..why not use some anti skid strips on the floors around pools and on stairs....first time on RCCL and we are seriously now considering cancelling our next cruise with them. Wonder how long it takes for a response from Customer service/Guest Relations/Resolution Dept.???

I always love the people who expect to be compensated for the weather.

I was shocked to learn that the cruise lines DO NOT control the weather.

I do not expect to be compensated for wet weather, but for passengers on Allure that i witnessed slipping and sliding around on wet decks and many falling, that is a different story. I looked around many times for warning cones or possibly an employee trying to mop up the decks....no such luck for the most part. I also did not expect to go sliding down the stairs at the Aqua Theatre spraining my ankle; tearing my ligaments and knee cartilage all the time holding onto the railing. NO the cruise line does not control the weather but they sure as heck can do a lot more to take responsibility for the after effects. In one hour of sitting around the pool, cast on leg prevented me from entering :mad:...I saw a total of 8 kids and 3 adults slip and fall on the wet deck..and not one safety cone to be seen..why not use some anti skid strips on the floors around pools and on stairs....first time on RCCL and we are seriously now considering cancelling our next cruise with them. Wonder how long it takes for a response from Customer service/Guest Relations/Resolution Dept.???

If it's been raining outside, I would expect that the deck will be wet. Lack of warning cones shouldn't mean that the deck ISN'T wet when you know it's been RAINING and the deck is outdoors...in the rain. And mopping an open deck in rainy conditions is just an exercise in futility. :confused:

So do you think your sliding down the stairs would have been prevented by a warning cone? Or did you slip because you were so busy looking for those warning cones?

I´m sorry you were injured, but come on use common sense, wet decks are slippery and a missing warning cone doesn´t make them any less slippery. You can watch your step without them just fine.

Let´s face it those warning cones are not really needed for the safety of People, but more to prevent someone from being sued. I alway shake my head seeing those cones on an obvious wet deck / floor.

I am sure I will not take a perfect cruise on RCCL or anyone else, I can be picky, but RCCL does a good job in general for almost everything .I had a friend who was on a RCCL ship that caught fire, he couldn't believe how well staff handle everything and loved the compensation they received..

Anti-skid strips seem like a great idea, especially on outdoor stairs.

the rain had ceased several hours before...so mopping could easily have been done before guests arrived for the Aqua show..the seats were all dried off

If it's been raining outside, I would expect that the deck will be wet. Lack of warning cones shouldn't mean that the deck ISN'T wet when you know it's been RAINING and the deck is outdoors...in the rain. And mopping an open deck in rainy conditions is just an exercise in futility. :confused:

No the cone would not have prevented the slip and fall, I was already exercising extreme caution. I was only looking for the cones AFTER security came and asked the employee where they were, as I laid on the step waiting for medical personnel to arrive. Common sense did tell me that the decks were still wet in places, hence the walking cautiously, holding onto the railing and looking down at the steps. The cones are not there to prevent accidents, but to generally alert you to the conditions present that COULD cause an accident. Suing was never an issue....that is typically not the first thought in a Canadians head when an accident occurs. I am merely suggesting an acknowledgement of lack of due diligence on RCCL's part ..if the staff had time to mop all the seats for the guests, why not the floors and steps?

So do you think your sliding down the stairs would have been prevented by a warning cone? Or did you slip because you were so busy looking for those warning cones?

I´m sorry you were injured, but come on use common sense, wet decks are slippery and a missing warning cone doesn´t make them any less slippery. You can watch your step without them just fine.

Let´s face it those warning cones are not really needed for the safety of People, but more to prevent someone from being sued. I alway shake my head seeing those cones on an obvious wet deck / floor.