Sailing on reflection, will we have time to tour distillery in PR?

sweetp09

We are sailing for the first time on X. We (DH and I) are doing an E Caribbean cruise. We have never been to Puerto Rico before. We want to do the bacardi distillery tour, but are not sure if we can make it. The last tour is at 4:15 and we dock at 3:39. The tour isn't offered through X for our cruise but I hear paying for the tour isn't worth it anyway. Can we make it in time or is the distillery too far from where the ship will dock? If it's close, what's the best way to get there? If it's not an option, what do you recommend for an excursion instead? Thanks!

We are sailing for the first time on X. We (DH and I) are doing an E Caribbean cruise. We have never been to Puerto Rico before. We want to do the bacardi distillery tour, but are not sure if we can make it. The last tour is at 4:15 and we dock at 3:39. The tour isn't offered through X for our cruise but I hear paying for the tour isn't worth it anyway. Can we make it in time or is the distillery too far from where the ship will dock? If it's close, what's the best way to get there? If it's not an option, what do you recommend for an excursion instead? Thanks!

I dont believe that it is doable. You need to disembark, go one or two piers to the left and then get on a ferry over to an area near the distillery. then you need to take a cab.

We have been to San Juan many times before (the ship actually will dock in Old San Juan (OSJ). Based on the time of day, the forts are only open for an hour or so (not enough time), the rainforest is too far away, I'd say just take the free trolley (they run until 7pm) and go around OSJ. you can get off by the square and look through the shops. Also you may want to get some authentic Puerto Rican food. I recommend a restaurant called Mojito's. It is sort of like going into your grandmother's kitchen. Vinyl tablecloths, non-matching glasses, etc. but the food is excellent. Try the Mofungo !!!

Steve

I thin the amount of time they allowed for this port is ridiculous. Thanks for the recommendation! Is there good shopping in OSJ?

The Coach outlet store apparently had great bargains. That is, according to one of our daughters who has shopped there a few times.

We're on the Reflection the week after Thanksgiving. I've been to San Juan a few times, so we found a nighttime walking tour to take with Legends of PR. Really good Trip Advisor reviews. It starts at 8pm and lasts about an hour, so we should be back in plenty of time for the 10pm sail away. Just one idea. :)

Edited by ductapephantom