Quad configuration

waitingwaiting

Hi! We are sailing on the Golden in the fall with four of us in a BC (Outside Balcony). Can anyone explain the configuration of the beds - I can't picture it. I have a little one that I really didn't want to put in a bunk, any chance of a rollaway? When you look at the diagram of the room, I can't see where the other bunk would go! Help, please!

It depends on the specific cabin. Usually in a balcony cabin there are one or two drop down bunks, at right angles to each other, which fold out from the ceiling and fold completely out of the way during the day. Sometimes there is just one bunk and a rollaway.

A related question; let's say we want a quad balcony and there's like 10 of them in a Grand class ship total, but a few more for three pax. Can they get us a rollaway bed and make a three into a quad? Or, are all these 'Will Accomodate a Third Person' cabins really a regular cabin and a roll-away bed?

Only the old ships (perhaps the Regal still has some) have rollaway beds. There is no space to fit one in on the new ship designs. A triple has only 3 beds and will not hold 4 pax. The third & fourth beds are bunks that the cabin steward folds down in the evening while you are at dinner. The pax in the top bunk enters the bed via a ladder.

There are no rollaway beds on any of the Grand, Sun, or Coral class ships.

Not sure where Crown Prince got that information, but I think he is mistaken. ;) There are current posts from Sokrmom discussing her rollaways on the Caribbean Princess this summer in cabins B501 and B503. If you check the deck plans, these are technically only triples, but had a rollaway added to make a quad. (That should answer Samtesla; yes you can sometimes make a triple a quad, but you are still limited by the total capacity of the ship--meaning someone else has to only have two or three people in a quad for this to work)

Additionally, someone else posted that they have been ASSURED by Princess that their cabin on the new Crown Princess will have a rollaway..something about being unable to climb up into a bunk. I would be inclined to believe this when I get onboard, but the concept of rollaways is not outdated on the new ships.

Archived