For those who have already been on Q from Bayonne...

jrljel

Since the temps this weekend should be cold, did you have any need of shorts at all? Trying to figure out what to pack and how cold the ship might be. HELP! Should I take shorts for some stupid reason other than to work out and/or do I need any short sleeve shirts?

In addition, do you know if they had any decent Q shirts onboard?

Since the temps this weekend should be cold, did you have any need of shorts at all? Trying to figure out what to pack and how cold the ship might be. HELP! Should I take shorts for some stupid reason other than to work out and/or do I need any short sleeve shirts?

I have not sailed yet on Quantum but, have sailed from New York numerous times during the winter. The weather at sea will be even colder with wind chills, shorts are probably not the best clothes to bring unless you're going to the gym for a workout.

Jonathan

I bought a very cute Quantum t shirt on board. My mom bought a few as well. There were sweatshirts and hoodies for sale also. I think I saw a few LS shirts. It was very cool for the transatlantic. I didn't wear shorts at all. I think once I wore capri's the rest of the time it was pants/dresses/short sleeve and LS shirts.

I did wear shorts in the gym though. It was mild on the ship but any time you passed an open door/window etc...you were reminded that you were NOT in the Caribbean.

Cruised out of ny down to the Caribbean last march. On the last night, as we were off the coast of DC, I thought I would spend one last evening on my balcony in the fresh sea air. I opened my sliding glass door -- and found that we were in the middle of a snow storm! There was about an inch of ice and sleet covering all of the balcony furniture. It was surreal

I'm on the 23Nov cruise to Bahamas and the temperature there seems to be around 80. That's the only reason I'm packing shorts. If I were on the shorter cruises with no warm destinations, I wouldn't take shorts at all.

If you cruise is going to the Caribbean, you may need shorts there.

Edited by cruisenfever

If you cruise is going to the Caribbean, you may need shorts there.

The cruise this weekend is not going to the Caribbean. No need for shorts on the 2 day sample cruise in the Atlantic. When the Quantum starts the longer cruises, you definitely need summer clothes.

It was very cool for the transatlantic. I didn't wear shorts at all.

It all depends on what you are used to and the norm - 60s (and even 70F one day) in Nov is quite warm for a TA that far north.

I and others had no prob going on the Flowrider with just swim trunks.

There was a day when the outside pool deck was fairly full of people in bathing suits.

Even on the coldest day (like today in NY) you can lounge in the solarium in shorts. If you don't plan to do any of that, no, you don't need shorts.

I'm on the 23Nov cruise to Bahamas and the temperature there seems to be around 80. That's the only reason I'm packing shorts. If I were on the shorter cruises with no warm destinations, I wouldn't take shorts at all.

We were down in the Bahamas last week on Norwegian Breakaway and it was definitely shorts weather -- around 80 and sunny during the day, very comfortable (around 70) at night. Obviously quite a bit cooler on the way up and down to/from NYC. I sincerely hope you all get the great weather we had in the Bahamas, it was lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Dave85

Well thank you to everyone!! Whoo ee!! The first time boarding a ship with pants on and maybe a sweatshirt or too on me. I suppose I will have to wear what I would wear here in PA. Boo but who cares!! THANK YOU!

I assume I can still swim in the indoor pools or the solarium.