Captains Club Discounts

jveevers

I can find nothing on Celebrity web re Captains Club discounts when booking a cruise.

When I was researching and deciding between 3 different 2015 Med sailings I was doing exploratory "dummy" bookings on Celebritys booking direct site.

When I was logged into my Captains Club I was deducted the sum of $750 on each cruise from the quoted price for Concierge Class or $500 for each cruise in other Balconies.

This applied to both 7 day and 14 day cruises.

I called Captains Club and they confirmed this is correct. It is not combinable with 123go but for those that dont need the free Drink package it would seem a better option particularily on a shorter cruise as the discount is the same no matter the length.

I dont know if this applies to all levels of Captains Club .

And I dont know if it applies only to Med cruises.

But I have never heard of this before or seen it mentioned on here.

The same thing happened to us. We recently booked two 12-day European cruises and learned about the CC discount the same way you did....by typing in our CC numbers on Celebrity's website and discovering the cruise was discounted $750 per cabin for each cruise in Aqua class.

So, we booked with the Captain's Club discount because the other option at that time for Europe was 2 choices from the 1-2-3 program. We didn't feel the drink package was worthwhile for us, and the combined $300 onboard discount and free gratuities would have been worth less than $750.

Fast forward one week from our booking date, and Celebrity comes out with the 1-2-3 all-inclusive package which would allow us to rebook and get all three of the bennies, so it's a new ball game. We shopped out our two cruises and found a travel agent who had group space so we got a good price reduction on each cruise, as well as an additional cabin credit from the agent. We gave up the Captain's Club discount but wound up with lower cruise prices, the full 1-2-3 package, and extra money to spend, so we've definitely improved on what we had.

Right now it's a win-win for us, but who knows what will happen a few months down the road. It all depends on supply and demand.

I really enjoy Celebrity's product, but navigating through their maze of offers, options, and obstacles is truly frustrating.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your e-mail (or perhaps things are different in Australia) but there are very few "Captain's club offers". Those that do exist are listed on this page http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/captains-club-exclusive-offers

The above link shows some discount coupons that may be available, some early booking discounts as well as some other perks.

The normal Captain's club offer is a one category upgrade (within certain guidelines). Many of the perks you mention are generally part of the various promotions that you need to wade through in order to figure out which one is best for you.

RickT - click on the link you included in your posting and then scroll down to where it shows Save Up to $1,500 On Europe and Alaska Sailings.

I was able to use the CC discount on our May 2015 Alaska cruise on Infinity on top of the one category upgrade. Also, a heads up that if you don't see it show up for your cabin category, call X and have them re-price it so you can see the difference between the 123Go perks and the discount. (it says it's applicable to ocean view and above and yet when I went to the sailing, it didn't show so I called them) We don't use the drink package so for us it was a no-brainer that the discount worked out to save us more than either the free gratuities or the free OBC would have from the 123Go promo.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your e-mail (or perhaps things are different in Australia) but there are very few "Captain's club offers". Those that do exist are listed on this page http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/captains-club-exclusive-offers

The above link shows some discount coupons that may be available, some early booking discounts as well as some other perks.

The normal Captain's club offer is a one category upgrade (within certain guidelines). Many of the perks you mention are generally part of the various promotions that you need to wade through in order to figure out which one is best for you.

RickT No not just applicable in Australia.. I actually stumbled onto this when booking on the USA site (Celebritys)... Downside is that not combinable with 123go so you need to work out which is best for you and your particular cruise.

Base pricing is the same but you then have to decide if A. you want the $750- discount or B. you want 123 go

If the free drink package is a must for you then it is worth about $80- per day so $560 for a seven day or $1120- for a 14 day, which is offset by not getting the $750 discount.. Interesting that if you book B2B you get the discount on both, so for 2x7 days you get $1500-, again 123go perks have to be considered. Yes it can be a minefield