Premium coffee removed from premium alcohol package?

tonyrocks922

Hi,

On Celebrity's website for the drink packages it now says:

Premium Package

Enjoy our entire selection of fine craft beers, top-shelf spirits, premium cocktails and wines-by-the-glass up to $13 per serving. Indulge in unique craft cocktails, extra-large martinis, even liquid nitrogen-chilled cocktails from the Molecular Bar. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

It no longer mentions coffees or the Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. Anyone know what's going on?

Having just booked a 'Premium non-alcoholic' I checked and still see that package on the website under "Premium and Classic".

It may be that since the Bacio drinks are less than the Premium Package $13 cost, the wording was removed to clean up the website descriptions.

Flowers disappeared off the website and out of the rooms. References to chocolates disappeared, so did the chocolates. Have you noticed that 'gel' (shower gel) is no longer offered on inside, oceanview or even the majority of balcony cabins?

Would hate to think that Bacio is disappearing since, with all the packages, it may not make enough $$ to keep it open.

I sure hope beds don't disappear off the website!

think you will find (and I stand to be corrected) that with the exception of the wine packages,your premium package includes all the other drink packages up to and including the premium package,so when you read what are in the soda / classic / and other packages you get all that + premium.

as I say I stand to be corrected

think you will find (and I stand to be corrected) that with the exception of the wine packages,your premium package includes all the other drink packages up to and including the premium package,so when you read what are in the soda / classic / and other packages you get all that + premium.

I agree:D

I agree as well. This past summer I had the classic package and was able to get Latte's, cappuccino' and such. None of these are mentioned in the classic alcohol package but are in the non-alcohol packages.

Hi,

On Celebrity's website for the drink packages it now says:

Premium Package

Enjoy our entire selection of fine craft beers, top-shelf spirits, premium cocktails and wines-by-the-glass up to $13 per serving. Indulge in unique craft cocktails, extra-large martinis, even liquid nitrogen-chilled cocktails from the Molecular Bar. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

It no longer mentions coffees or the Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. Anyone know what's going on?

To anyone looking at the Classic Alcohol or the Premium Alcohol packages now, it appears that in order to get NON-alcoholic drinks as well (specialty coffees), you have to get BOTH the alcoholic and NON-alcoholic packages.

I wonder why they would take the entire section out about the non-alcoholic package items being included in the Classic and Premium packages.

Celebrity strikes again.

hello dinas

this had me concerned so I have just rang celebrity cruise Australia,and was told the following

as I have booked the premium alcohol package,i receive everything up to and including all the other packages,this does include all specialty coffee's.

I am not an expert in these matters so may I suggest rather than we all speculate here on what is and is not included, it may be just best to ring celebrity.i am in no way saying you are not correct,but for those that have purchased packages of various types it may become very complicated on this forum regarding who gets what.thank you

hello dinas

this had me concerned so I have just rang celebrity cruise Australia,and was told the following

as I have booked the premium alcohol package,i receive everything up to and including all the other packages,this does include all specialty coffee's.

I am not an expert in these matters so may I suggest rather than we all speculate here on what is and is not included, it may be just best to ring celebrity.i am in no way saying you are not correct,but for those that have purchased packages of various types it may become very complicated on this forum regarding who gets what.thank you

It just boggles the mind as to why Celebrity would have taken that information OUT of their beverage package descriptions.

I have to say this again - Celebrity's website leaves a LOT to be desired.

I wouldn't bother calling them. When I booked, the package included those items. If they change it before we cruise, it would be our first and last Celebrity cruise. Don't get me wrong - we would have an amazing time no matter what. I simply would not cruise with Celebrity again.

They need to clean up their act and get their information straight.

hello dinas

Just off the phone with Celebrity US....I was told the same. She told me she knows the wording changed to the packages and put me on hold ...when she returned she confirmed that the packages are cascading and each moving up still includes everything from the packages of lesser value. When asked why they would changed the wording i couldn't get an answer.....other than to confirm that specialty coffee's , bottled water, vitamin water, Red Bulls and fresh squeezed OJ is still all part of the Premium Alcoholic Package still.

I took me 2 seconds to find this under onboard experience on the website.

One price. Zero worry.

Pay one set price to enjoy a wide variety of beverages, including cocktails, premium coffees, wine by the glass, endless refills of sodas featuring Coca-Cola® products, and unlimited bottled water.

Some people just like to complain I suppose, even if it is about nothing.

it appears that in order to get NON-alcoholic drinks as well (specialty coffees), you have to get BOTH the alcoholic and NON-alcoholic packages.

But speciality coffee INCLUDES alcohol-that's what makes them SPECIALITY coffees. Otherwise they would be just coffees.

So why do you think you would need a non-alcohol package:confused:

But speciality coffee INCLUDES alcohol-that's what makes them SPECIALITY coffees. Otherwise they would be just coffees.

The non-alcoholic versions of the beverage packages specifically state that PREMIUM coffees are included - which included cappuccino, latte, espresso, etc

(I know those have also been referred to as "specialty" coffees by some folks.)

According to the new descriptions of the Classic and Premium alcohol packages, those premium coffees don't appear to be included. If they don't include premium coffees (without alcohol), what makes anyone think they would include coffees WITH alcohol.

Technically, it also appears that the Classic and Premium alcohol packages don't include bottled water and soda. The descriptions USED to say that it also includes everything in the respective (Classic or Premium) NON-alcohol package.

It no longer says that, and THAT is why this issue has arisen.

Some people just like to complain I suppose, even if it is about nothing.

This is exactly what it NOW says about the Classic Beverage Package (Alcoholic):

Classic Package

Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

*Starting from: 49.00 USD Per NIGHT

It NOW says NOTHING about including NON-Alcoholic beverages from the Classic NON-Alcohol package. They specifically took out that line.

I am not the one that started complaining about this issue! However, why would Celebrity have intentionally removed that line?

And FYI - I don't complain about nothing - I complain when there is something SIGNIFICANT about which to complain.

For the heck of it, I also called Celebrity this morning.

All their internal information still indicates that you receive all parts of the Classic Non-Alcohol package as part of the Classic Alcohol. The rep I spoke with said she believes Celebrity is just putting more emphasis on alcohol.

My interpretation of "specialty coffees" is espresso drinks such as cappuccinos, lattes, etc.

One of the confusing issues about what coffees they include in what package has been Celebrity's use of the term specialty coffee vs. premium coffee. The don't think that Celebrity has ever really defined the term "specialty" coffee and it has been used for different meanings at various times. I specifically asked about this on a couple cruises a year or two ago and reported my results in a thread at that time. Here is a copy of what I posted:

Short answer, depending on the staff on your cruise most, and possibly all, of the coffees will be covered under the classic plan:There is a lot of confusion and inconsitency on what a specialty coffee is and if it is included in the classic vs. premium package or not.

Here is a copy of the Cafe al Bacio menu (
). On the Silhouette in December 2012 I specifically asked which coffees are NOT covered by the classic package and was told that everything is included in the classic package except the coffees on page 5 of the menu under "Other Favorites" and those on page 6 under "More Favorites". I asked the same question on the Eclipse the following March and was told that ALL the coffees listed in the menu were covered by the classic package. Bottom line: All the standard, or slightly fancy, coffees are included in both packages including espresso, latte, mocha, cappuccino and others. Certain coffees which include some extra ingredients may or may not be covered by the classic package depending on the interpretation of the rules on your particular sailing so you won't know for sure until you sail.

Edited by Lsimon

This is exactly what it NOW says about the Classic Beverage Package (Alcoholic):

Classic Package

Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

*Starting from: 49.00 USD Per NIGHT

It NOW says NOTHING about including NON-Alcoholic beverages from the Classic NON-Alcohol package. They specifically took out that line.

I am not the one that started complaining about this issue! However, why would Celebrity have intentionally removed that line?

And FYI - I don't complain about nothing - I complain when there is something SIGNIFICANT about which to complain.

I think you're giving the people that maintain Celebrity's web site more credit for thought and thinking things out then they deserve. They are notorious for putting incomplete information on their website and for website issues that have been continuously problematic for many years. I seriously doubt that there has been any removal of the non-alcoholic beverages from the alcoholic beverage packages. I'll also point out that the verbiage at the top of the beverage package page says (with emphasis added): "Pay one set price to enjoy a wide variety of beverages, including cocktails, premium coffees, wine by the glass, endless refills of sodas featuring Coca-Cola® products, and unlimited bottled water." If you had to buy both an alcoholic and non-alcoholic package to get these items then it wouldn't be one set price.

Edited by Lsimon

My post never referenced you at all. I never quoted you or mentioned you.

All I did was post an easily accessed section from Celebrity. This was in reply to some posters in this thread who seem to be offended and annoyed at anything Celebrity does now days.

EDIT:

2 pages for this load of nothing.

Edited by dwhe

Celebrity's Website is a mess...

The Bevvy Pkg Pages have had issues for years.

I much prefer to rely on the post that CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES - Official Rep put up here on Cruise Critic following the last Revision to the Bevvy Pkgs (May 28, 2014)

Celebrity Official Beverage Pkg Lists = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

My interpretation of "specialty coffees" is espresso drinks such as cappuccinos, lattes, etc.

Agree with LSIMON (Reply # 19)

The confusion lies in terminology...

Premium Coffees (better quality coffee in the form of Espresso, Cafe Americano, Lattes, Capucinnos etc) ARE INCLUDED in both the Classic Non-Alcohol & Alcohol Pkgs, as well as both the Premium Non-Alcohol & Alcohol Pkgs

Specialty Coffees (a BAR Term for Coffees with Alcohol, usually served with Whip Cream... Such as an Irish Coffee) MAY OR MAY NOT BE INCLUDED

It all comes down to:

(a) Which Pkg you have... Non Alcohol vs Alcohol

And

(b) What Alcohol (and how much) will be going into your Specialty Coffee. Some alcohol spirits are found on the Classic List and others on the Premium List, and some on none as they are over & above the max cost per pour for the Pkg you have

If you want to order a Specialty Coffee, ask the Bartender for more info on your preferences, and what Bevvy Pkg would cover it

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

...Specialty Coffees (a BAR Term for Coffees with Alcohol, usually served with Whip Cream... Such as an Irish Coffee) MAY OR MAY NOT BE INCLUDED...

Celebrity has used the term "Specialty Coffee" both to describe coffee with alcohol (liqueurs or spirits) and non-alcoholic coffee with certain extra ingredients. If you look at their web site the description of the non-alcoholic premium package says that it includes specialty coffee.

Edited by Lsimon

Celebrity has used the term "Specialty Coffee" both to describe coffee with alcohol (liqueurs or spirits) and non-alcoholic coffee with certain extra ingredients. If you look at their web site the description of the non-alcoholic premium package says that it includes specialty coffee.

Agreed.

You & I have discussed this before (remember a convo from a few years back)

Celebrity has been inconsistent at times of their use of specialty & premium.

The last few clean ups of their website has improved things.

But it is still not 100% right

Specialty Coffee is a generally accepted bar term at least in North America... Meaning the addition of alcohol

Celebrity uses it when coffee also includes a "Flavoured shot" (essence). The correct term for that would be a Flavoured Coffee.

Cheers!

PS... Lol, honestly I see so many cases where Celebrity uses certain terms in more than one instance that things are more complicated / confusing than they need to be, some examples... Aqua (Class - Spa - Suites - Cafe) - Concierge (Person - Class) - Classic (Bevvy Pkgs - CC Level) - Premium (Coffee - Bevvy Pkgs) - Select (Dining - CC Level) - Sky (Lounge - Suite) etc. No wonder newcomers get confused. Celebrity could do a far better job when it comes to naming things.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

For what its worth, just took a look at the packages on Celebrity and found they have updated the descriptions to include new lists of what is included in each package. If you click on the package link and then click on the link in the description, they have a great comparison of what is included in Classic v Premium. https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Thank you Celebrity for giving us a clear comparison at last!