Recommendation for Falls and foliage tour prior to cruise

Pipit

I have always receive great advice from CC members re tours in their countries. I have booked to embark RCL ship from Quebec City on 19th October 2015. I would like to do a 7 to 10 days land tour to see the Falls and Foliage and Niagara Falls. I would like to end the tour in Quebec city before joining the ship.

I am from Australia and would like your advice whether it is more convenient to join the tour from New York, Boston or Toronto.

Thanks and awaiting your recommendation re tour company that I could with.

If you are wanting to see Niagara Falls suggest you fly into Toronto

you can either take the bus, train, rent a car or find a tour to the Falls

The fall colours will probably be almost over by the time you arrive but you may get lucky & see some of the changes ..it depends on the weather that yr

You could take the train from Niagara Falls to Quebec City

or rent a car & drive ..spending some time exploring the area on the way to the ship

It is roughly 900 km from NF to QC

• 2 weeks later...
If you are wanting to see Niagara Falls suggest you fly into Toronto

you can either take the bus, train, rent a car or find a tour to the Falls

The fall colours will probably be almost over by the time you arrive but you may get lucky & see some of the changes ..it depends on the weather that yr

You could take the train from Niagara Falls to Quebec City

or rent a car & drive ..spending some time exploring the area on the way to the ship

It is roughly 900 km from NF to QC

Thanks for the advice. We will not be driving especially on the other side of the road. I am interested in a local travel company that has a one week tour to Niagara Falls, Montreal and Vermont. Any recommendations?

Thanks for the advice. We will not be driving especially on the other side of the road. I am interested in a local travel company that has a one week tour to Niagara Falls, Montreal and Vermont. Any recommendations?

That is a lot of ground to cover in a week

You could look at Taipan tours

It is a full days drive from Toronto to Montreal & with a tour bus would be a bit longer

I would suggest looking at a day trip from Toronto to Niagara or take the train/bus spend the day or more there, then take the train to Montreal

Find a tour in Montreal to do that area

http://www.niagarafalls.ca/

Google "Tours from Toronto to Niagara Falls " that should bring up a few options

Edited by LHT28

Hi,

Like LHT28 said, it's a lot of ground to cover....

I don't think you will find a local travel company that does this route.

I would fly in to Toronto, take either train or bus to Niagara Falls ( about 2 1/2 hours ).

There I would rent a room ( you are close to the end of the season and might get a really great deal, I did 2 years ago when I got a corner king suite on the 12 floor facing the Canadian fall for a ridiculous price ). Make sure you face the CANADIAN falls ( the horseshoe fall ) NOT the US falls...

Read the reviews to be sure you can actually see the falls from your hotel ( some say they are facing the falls but are behind a taller building and offer only partial views )

One day do all the falls tour and visit the "downtown" area

The other day do a local tour to Niagara-on-the-Lake and visit one or 2 vineyard on the way .

You can either spend an other day in the region and visit or get on the train/bus back to Toronto and head towards Montreal. You could spend 2 days in Montreal and head towards Quebec.

An other 2 or 3 days in Quebec, then get on your cruise :)

IF you want to visit a small part of Vermont, it will be easier from Montreal but you would have to either skip Montreal or Quebec ( or at least 1 or 2 days in either town ). Getting to Vermont from Montreal takes about 1:30h by car, and once you cross the border you are not close to anything of most interest....so an other couple of hours to drive to get somewhere worth visiting ( like Stowe )...spending the night there and back to Quebec City ( 4h by car ).

I am not aware of any tour buses from Montreal to Vermont and back...not saying there isn't any...just not aware of any....

It's a very long way to go..but could be a great 7 or 10 days....

Have fun !

I would take your recommendations and try not to cover a big area of Eastern Canada in a short time. Looking at flight and hotel bookings in the next few days. Thanks everyone for the advice.

Swee