Birthday Celebrations on board

keener

We're cruising in a couple of weeks on the Allure of the Seas to celebrate my moms 80th birthday.

Not loving the onboard birthday decor items available to purchase to decorate staterooms.

Is it possible to bring your own decorations/pictures for stateroom doors? Anyone done this?

Also does anyone know how much the Birthday/Anniversary annoucements in the Compass cost?

Also, also... has anyone ordered a special cake once onboard from the main dining room, something different then the vanilla and chocolate available online?

Cheers:)

Yes, you may bring room or door decoration. Don't forget the tape.

I have not seen any compass announcements in a while. But, all the cruise directors seem to now have a taped morning show repeated for several hours each day. Perhaps you can send a request once on board to mention the special birthday. There is usually a box at customer service for cruise director comments/questions.

As for the cake, generally what is available on line is what will be available once on board . They will put a candle in any dessert if you prefer not to purchase a cake.

enjoy

M

We're cruising in a couple of weeks on the Allure of the Seas to celebrate my moms 80th birthday.

Not loving the onboard birthday decor items available to purchase to decorate staterooms.

Is it possible to bring your own decorations/pictures for stateroom doors? Anyone done this?

Also does anyone know how much the Birthday/Anniversary annoucements in the Compass cost?

Also, also... has anyone ordered a special cake once onboard from the main dining room, something different then the vanilla and chocolate available online?

Cheers:)

Yep, you can bring your own birthday banners, decorations etc. etc. - not seen them on the prohibited items list yet :)

The last two cruises I've been on they'd stopped doing the compass ads

Don't know about a cake - sorry :(

Edited by delirious9876

I have not seen any compass announcements in a while. But, all the cruise directors seem to now have a taped morning show repeated for several hours each day. Perhaps you can send a request once on board to mention the special birthday. There is usually a box at customer service for cruise director comments/questions.

M

I read someones review on the Oasis that included the Compass.

It had advertisements saying you could send birthday/anniversary wishes on their day, even saw a couple of them mentioned in the compass.

Thanks for the tape tip!!:)

July of 2014 I believe Compass announcements on the Oasis were $25.

You can either order a cake (not sure of choices) or you will get a large cupcake with a candle for free.

Make sure you coordinate with your dining room waiter. For our grandson's birthday we told the waiter the night before - he brought the free cupcake and several of the waiters and assistant waiters sang happy birthday (like many chain restaurants do). There seemed to be several birthdays during the course of the week and they were all handled in a like manner. Most of the guests at surrounding tables joined in with the singing.

This was on traditional second seating. It was fun and he was surprised.

July of 2014 I believe Compass announcements on the Oasis were $25.

Thanks for your post.

Has anyone been on the Allure recently that can tell me if the annoucements for birthdays/anniversaries are still in the Compass?????????

:( Too bad about the Compass annoucements!

Anyone ordered a special cake onboard?

We've ordered the $13 chocolate cake a couple times and found it delicious, and able to feed 8 people no problem.

Edited by clarea

We always have two birthdays when we sail and always order a cake each time - some times it is the best dessert offered! I forget how much they are - but not much at all. I have never done an announcement in the compass. We will also be celebrating my mom's 80th birthday - however we will tell everyone she is 90 because she looks AMAZING for 90.

Enjoy!

Kathy

Bump!

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that someone had ordered a special cake from the maitre'd. Something different from the usual chocolate and vanilla.

Just not sure if it was on the RC board.

Anyone????

I ordered a birthday cake while on board. I went to customers service to order it. Filled out a form and thepy put it on the seapass. Choices are white or chocolate. It was decorated with Happy Birthday and had a candle. It was good. The only problem (not a major one) was it was suppose to be delivered to our cabin instead the waiters delivered it at dinner and sang Happy Birthday.