Carnival and Fincantieri join with China on ships plans

jimbo5544

Carnival and Fincantieri (the ship builder that builds all Carnival ships among many others) entered into a very unique arrangement with China's largest ship building group to explore the joint ventures in constructing cruise ships for the Chinese market which is said to grow to the second largest market in 4 years.

Link attached. Very interesting.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/fincantieri-to-share-expertise-with-carnival-china-toward-possible-china-built-cruise-ships.html

I wonder what China's most popular ship build is?

I have no idea, probably the one that the government tells the people they have to like. It is exploratory at this point that is true. A mandatory step before going to the next one though.

Edited by jimbo5544

Jimbo5554,

Sorry to be off the point but can you tell me about the Milestone Cruise, I counted and it

appears to be something you achieved after 20 cruises. Can you tell me what you receive.

I am getting very close to that number of cruises and wonder what it is all about and

could'nt find it in their website.

Thanks.:)

Edited by jst

Jimbo5554,

Sorry to be off the point but can you tell me about the Milestone Cruise, I counted and it

appears to be something you achieved after 20 cruises. Can you tell me what you receive.

I am getting very close to that number of cruises and wonder what it is all about and

could'nt find it in their website.

Thanks.:)

I just got my first milestone, jst. It comes at 25 Carnival cruises. I will embark my 25th Carnival cruise next week. About 2 months ago (after making the booking for the 25th), Carnival emailed me a statement showing the milestone benefit (simple form-no details on it-just says I got it). My PVP told me that I will get an onboard credit one time equal to 25% of the cost of one cruise applied to a cruise of my choice anytime up to my 49th Carnival cruise.

So it is to your benefit to choose to apply it to a more expensive cruise where you will get the most benefit from it. It is worth noting too that I brought it up to my PVP after I made the booking for the 25th. I got nothing about it from Carnival until I brought it up and my PVP followed up on it.

I am also supposed to get the white Sail and Sign card one time on that 25th cruise.

Hope that helps.

I just got my first milestone, jst. It comes at 25 Carnival cruises. I will embark my 25th Carnival cruise next week. About 2 months ago (after making the booking for the 25th), Carnival emailed me a statement showing the milestone benefit (simple form-no details on it-just says I got it). My PVP told me that I will get an onboard credit one time equal to 25% of the cost of one cruise applied to a cruise of my choice anytime up to my 49th Carnival cruise.

So it is to your benefit to choose to apply it to a more expensive cruise where you will get the most benefit from it. It is worth noting too that I brought it up to my PVP after I made the booking for the 25th. I got nothing about it from Carnival until I brought it up and my PVP followed up on it.

I am also supposed to get the white Sail and Sign card one time on that 25th cruise.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for replying. It is a good deal! I sued mine on our Splendor Cruise in August and the wife is using hers on our upcoming Breeze cruise.

jst, winddawn is correct, it is 25. My signature is a little confusing as I list the ships in order as I sail them but not the trips. Trust me, we got it on our 25th cruise. They also give you a special "white" sail and sign card that says "Milestone" across the bottom.

I guess with RCCL sending its newest ship over there

Carnival should pay attention

Thank god they won't listen to well and do the same. I wonder how the north east feels about being teased with the Quantum and having it jerked out after 6 months. Please Carnival, don't pay attention......

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app