Standing on line at Guest Relations and.....

Lois R

very well said

Even if you do come from a place where they do not wait in line . If you are an adult and you get to a place where there is a line of people waiting . Get in it and do as the Romans do. Obviously it is the norm in the place you happen to be right now.

Exactly.

However, from the description of the event, I don't think that the woman in Lois' example had the cultural excuse. It didn't seem to occur to her that there might be ten other people who had arrived in the line before her with similar situations. You see this kind of behaviour, typically, from people who are so used to being in the centre of their own universe that it doesn't occur to them to think of how their actions will impact other people. It's the very definition of entitled behaviour.

Unfortunately there are to many people who look out for themselves. Personally I live by the golden rule, Treat others like you want to be treated, its worded differently but I think people get the gist of it. I worked in the hotel industry for a long time, was in executive management. I ran places and its amazing how people act. Not saying everyone, but its the few that always standout and feel they are more important. I would have no problem calling out the person as being rude for cutting in line.

Love it.

Saying nothing when these knot heads pull this BS and just letting them get away with it is not being nice, not chivalry , and not looking out for the other guy.

It is enabling ....They do it because we let them get away with it. The first time some of them get a good telling off , they will think twice when it comes time to do it again.

If it makes some people feel better making up a plethora of excuses for them being rude God bless them.

I'm in your camp. I got here and stood in line like everyone else , you should have too.

Great post by the way. People should not be afraid to point the wrongs of others. Especially being rude. Wish more people would.

np. There are small issues and there are small issues that expand into long issues. To me, if the person just wants a key...that's an ok small issue. The problem, and I agree with you on this, is the folks who say I have a small issue that will only take a second and then take 10 minutes.

I was on one of those lines and with a serious money and cabin card problem. I had waited the 35 minutes until I did get to my turn. Customer service need a copy of my receipt for the cruise as it was not coming up on their computer, which was having problems!. I said I had a copy in my cabin and said I would get it. Then asked...do I have to go back to the end of the line when I get back?. She said no, just bring it to me and I will take care of it. Since my cabin was aft it took a bit before I got there and back. I approached CS and boy was I given the hardest time. You would have thought I was in a NY department store on a 75% off day sale and got the last item! The foul language from these females was atrocious. The girl in CS saw me and signaled me up to the counter, took 2 seconds to get my situation cleared and off I went. As I left I turned and stuck my tongue at those woman. Later that day I ran into one of those people. She was very nasty to me. Yelling that I had no right to cut the line. I had wanted to say choice words to but did not! I said I had been on the line for nearly 35 minutes and because there computer was not working I had to go back to my cabin to get some paperwork to get what I need and that the attendant told me to come to the front when I got back, so I did. But it was None of her business, maybe next time she could have a bit more consideration for other people. I for one could never go through what "customer service" goes through on a daily basis.

People have forgotten how to be NICE.:(

Edited by junetraveler2014

I was on one of those lines and with a serious money and cabin card problem. I had waited the 35 minutes until I did get to my turn. Customer service need a copy of my receipt for the cruise as it was not coming up on their computer, which was having problems!. I said I had a copy in my cabin and said I would get it. Then asked...do I have to go back to the end of the line when I get back?. She said no, just bring it to me and I will take care of it. Since my cabin was aft it took a bit before I got there and back. I approached CS and boy was I given the hardest time. You would have thought I was in a NY department store on a 75% off day sale and got the last item! The foul language from these females was atrocious. The girl in CS saw me and signaled me up to the counter, took 2 seconds to get my situation cleared and off I went. As I left I turned and stuck my tongue at those woman. Later that day I ran into one of those people. She was very nasty to me. Yelling that I had no right to cut the line. I had wanted to say choice words to but did not! I said I had been on the line for nearly 35 minutes and because there computer was not working I had to go back to my cabin to get some paperwork to get what I need and that the attendant told me to come to the from when I got back, so I did. None of your business, maybe next time she could have a bit more consideration for other people. I for one could never go through what "customer service" goes through on a daily basis.

People have forgotten how to be NICE.:(

BRAVO to you. The alternative would have been for that customer service agent to put out a CLOSED SIGN up and say she was still resolving an issue, and wait for you, and make those folks wait the entire time you were gone. Instead, they chose to "multi task" and continue serving others until your return, at which time they "finalized" your issue that was "in process".

I'm back to my prior post, others need to MYOB and concern themselves with themselves a lot more. There's as much "manners" in doing this, as waiting in an orderly line.

BRAVO to you. The alternative would have been for that customer service agent to put out a CLOSED SIGN up and say she was still resolving an issue, and wait for you, and make those folks wait the entire time you were gone. Instead, they chose to "multi task" and continue serving others until your return, at which time they "finalized" your issue that was "in process".

I'm back to my prior post, others need to MYOB and concern themselves with themselves a lot more. There's as much "manners" in doing this, as waiting in an orderly line.

Agree, but then I think I would do guilt, I was prepared to wait until she saw me and was done with what she was doing. :)These people were slamming! But I still say, these people in customer service are Saints!