Wristbands?

LadyBerard

They are supposed to be a new alternative to the sepals cards. So instead of having to carry the card around or have it in a lanyard, you can just have a wristband on that you can scan for anything you need.

Except getting on and off the ship, you need your SeaPass card for that.

Will our beverage package plans be loaded in the band - ?? I know sometimes in the past even when showing sea pass card - I had to go to front desk several times to get drinks credited that were charged incorrectly since I had a beverage plan.

They are on the band but it still has kinks. We bought the drink packages and started getting charges for the drink even using the cards. The Royal IQ worked well in that you can see any charges or reservations you make on it. Unfortunately, the reservations on the ship don't see what you see on the app. We had a reservation for Chops but the restaurant didn't have it on their system. Even though I had the email and the app to prove we had the reservation they said they couldn't seat us because they were fully booked.

Does the wristband cost extra to get?

They are really not worth paying extra to get. They're fine for opening the cabin door but anytime you need to pay for something you really have to take them off since the pad where they touch the chip to is usually at the end of the bar or not near where you're standing and the cord for the pad is not very long.

It's useful for the pool or working out if you don't want to carry the card around however the card still has stickers on it for any of the beverage packages you might get. My friends were laughing that seeing everyone on the ship wearing this bands looks like everyone is in the hospital with the hospital bands that they put on you. It appears to be more of a gimmick unless they find better uses for them.