Drinks package - ? Dependent on length of cruise?

nutty nurse gladys

We are shortly going on the Ruby for B2B cruises. Although for us its a 14 day cruise, technically its classed as two separate 7 day cruises.

Do princess now offer the drinks package on these cruises? I know originally the packages were only offered on cruises longer than 7 days. Just wondered if this is still the case? Having had the packages on our last few cruises with Celebrity, find it very convenient and easy to manage. Would love to indulge ourselves again :)

Its per day excluding the disembarkation day. On a 14 day, your last morning on board does not count but your first day on board does. It's on all cruises.

It is still good disembarkation day morning.

By the way, it was offered recently on a 5 day cruise we had.

We bought the drink package and coffee cards for a 14 day cruise that was really two 7-day cruises. The coffee card (including free brewed coffee) was good for the full 14 days. The drink package was a sicker on our cruise card and when we received our new cruise card for the second 7 days, the drink package sticker was already on it. No problems...

I think it was the Wine Bottle packages that were only offered on 10 day or longer cruises, not the All Inclusive Drinks packages.....wasn't it?

Terry

We are looking to purchase the wine package on a similar B2B.on the ruby.

this will be consumed during our evening meal.

The princess website is hard work for info.:rolleyes:

The all inclusive drinks package is very expensive.

Maybe the 2for 1 deals might work for us.:)

We bought the drink package and coffee cards for a 14 day cruise that was really two 7-day cruises. The coffee card (including free brewed coffee) was good for the full 14 days. The drink package was a sicker on our cruise card and when we received our new cruise card for the second 7 days, the drink package sticker was already on it. No problems...

Why would you buy the coffee card and drink package? The drink package includes all coffee drinks, all sodas and water, AND gelato.

We are looking to purchase the wine package on a similar B2B.on the ruby.

this will be consumed during our evening meal.

The princess website is hard work for info.:rolleyes:

The all inclusive drinks package is very expensive.

Maybe the 2for 1 deals might work for us.:)

The drinks package for a 14 day cruise is almost a tossup...but it still favors the cruise line... You have to consider the number of days in port, sea days and your own capacity to drink. From experience most on the packages really hit it hard for the first 4 to 5 days.... then the reality sets in that the majority of them just cant keep packing down 5 to 8 drinks a day every day for 2 weeks.... Could you do that really?

I was on a cruise of some 34 days... many sea days and did not use a package My wife and I averaged about $45 a day total over the cruise. To get the package would have cost us $120 a day !!!

The cruise lines are not going to offer anything that doesn't make them profit and this is one.... They

Many thanks for all your replies. Looks as if we will be able to indulge and yes perhaps there are some days when we dont "drink our monies worth", but to us its so much easier, and a great opportunity to try all those cocktails that perhaps we wouldnt normally pay for in case we didnt like it, and yes I realise that we will have already paid for it, but for us we are on holiday and its all about trying something new and enjoyment.

Just 50 more sleeps!

then the reality sets in that the majority of them just cant keep packing down 5 to 8 drinks a day every day for 2 weeks.... Could you do that really?

My wife and I purchased the package on a 12 day Grand Meditteranean on the Regal. I'm somewhat ashamed to say, we did manage that (without struggling). Agree that one should really calculate if it is worth while for you, though...

Now, I must find somewhere to 'dry out' :o

Worked well for us also. Doesnt take long when you drink all your coffees and waters and ceasars. Wine in the evening and a few drinks during the day. And the best part is not having a bill at the end of the cruise.

The cruise lines are not going to offer anything that doesn't make them profit and this is one.... They
Right. Follow the money. Cruise lines offer the drink package to make money, not to be "nice guys." :) Princess is going to profit off most people who buy it. Edited by Pam in CA

Why would you buy the coffee card and drink package? The drink package includes all coffee drinks, all sodas and water, AND gelato.

We don't drink alcohol so we had the soda and more package which doesn't include the specialty coffees. Thus, the need for both. Sorry...I should have been clearer.

We don't drink alcohol so we had the soda and more package which doesn't include the specialty coffees. Thus, the need for both. Sorry...I should have been clearer.

Ah! Good. I just didn't want you (or anyone else) to spend money twice. Glad it worked out for you. That's why they have many different options. The greatness of cruising!:cool:

... Cruise lines offer the drink package to make money, not to be "nice guys." :)...

And I'm glad they do! They are a business who are responsible to their shareholders. This is an optional program that people can decide to buy or not. They are definitely not making as much money on me with this program. I agree they are still making money on me. Again a win-win. :cool:

(Not meant to be an attack on Pam but just using her quote to continue discussion. I hope you don't think so, Pam.)