aps camara ?

marieadela

I will be using my minolta ve)tis 3000 aps camara on my cruise in December. It will be the fist time using this camara on a cruise. What setting would be best for sunrise, sunset and night pictures. Also, what speed of film should I get 200 or 400? Any help would be great.

Alot depends on what settings you use on the camera...however a general rule of thumb for film speed is:

The higher the number, the more light sensitive it is. Therefore, ISO100 or 200 film would be better in daylight, sunlight, and well lit areas, while ISO400, 800, or even 1600 would be better for nighttime, indoor, or dark area photos.

Note though that these films have different properties. For example, the lower ISO films also tend to be nice and smooth, very rich in color and texture, and work well with medium-spped or slightly slower shutters. However they don't do so well with movement or action, as they cannot 'freeze' the action as it occurs. Higher ISO film tends to be more muted colors, but can get better lighting or brightness indoors or in darker situations, and will also allow you to shoot fast shutter speeds to capture moving subjects without blur. One downside to higher ISO film is that they will show more grain, or 'noise', in the shot which can obscure details a bit.

As for your sunsets and such...you would probably be well served with ISO100 or 200 film overall, as it will deliver the richest color and work well in most average daylight scenarios. Sunsets will be darker, but richer in color and nicely contrasted (sunrises and sunsets often look better when they are slightly darker, or underexposed)...it will let you silhouette foreground subjects against the sunsets.

ISO400 film is a good all-around compromise if you expect to be taking a fair amount of indoor shots...it will still be capable outdoors and deliver decent colors, but have better light sensitivity indoors.

Hope that helps understand the differences in the films...and what to use depending on your needs.

Archived