Dancing with the Stars

vcdarty

We're on Westerdam 6 Dec, billed as DWTS playoffs or something like that. We all dance, sorta, and one of us is a major fan of the TV series. We'll be dining @ 8, MDR.

What sort of DWTS events are scheduled at what sort of times and, typically, where? Would they interfere greatly with meal times? Are they as big a deal as the promotional material suggests?

Inquiring minds . . . .

We're on Westerdam 6 Dec, billed as DWTS playoffs or something like that. We all dance, sorta, and one of us is a major fan of the TV series. We'll be dining @ 8, MDR.

What sort of DWTS events are scheduled at what sort of times and, typically, where? Would they interfere greatly with meal times? Are they as big a deal as the promotional material suggests?

Inquiring minds . . . .

We're on this cruise too. Come over to the roll call.

DWTS is a total farce. Allegedly foxtrot, tango and samba, the routines they use bear no resemblance to either International or American style. To give you a rough idea of how pathetic the whole thing was, 90% of the women showed up wearing things like platform sandals!

DWTS is a total farce. Allegedly foxtrot, tango and samba, the routines they use bear no resemblance to either International or American style. To give you a rough idea of how pathetic the whole thing was, 90% of the women showed up wearing things like platform sandals!

Maybe you need to lighten up a bit ... DWTS is no more dancing than formal night is formal or Pinnacle is fine dining or HAL is a superior cruise line. It's all for fun and if it makes people happy, then so be it!

I just came back from the Prinsendam, and we had the Dancing with the Stars program on it. Ladies wore all kinds of shoes, or no shoes at all. We had a great time doing it, even though many of the steps were not the actual dance steps but were choreographed routines. I would happily do it again!

I just came back from the Prinsendam' date=' and we had the Dancing with the Stars program on it. Ladies wore all kinds of shoes, or no shoes at all. We had a great time doing it, even though many of the steps were not the actual dance steps but were choreographed routines. I would happily do it again![/quote']

My turn is coming. We're on the DWTS Westerdam cruise Dec. 6th.

Hi Pia: Your cruise will be different, as ours was just the regular DWTS program to choose one finalist from the ship. Your cruise will have actual professionals from the DWTS show, and dance parties, etc. We saw a video clip from one of these theme cruises on our ship, and it looked like lots of fun.

Hi Pia: Your cruise will be different' date=' as ours was just the regular DWTS program to choose one finalist from the ship. Your cruise will have actual professionals from the DWTS show, and dance parties, etc. We saw a video clip from one of these theme cruises on our ship, and it looked like lots of fun.[/quote']

I didn't know we would have the pros. That's great news!

I just came back from the Prinsendam' date=' and we had the Dancing with the Stars program on it. Ladies wore all kinds of shoes, or no shoes at all. We had a great time doing it, even though many of the steps were not the actual dance steps but were choreographed routines. I would happily do it again![/quote']

That was such a wonderful cruise and we all had such a fun time with Yas, Sam, Rachel & Anna, too! You really did great, too! :D

It was so great sailing with you, Marnie, and hope we will sail with you again on another "Dam" Ship! :)

Eileen