Pre-cruise hotel in Los Angeles

Freespir8

We are booked on the Star in March for the 5 day cruise to Cabo. It will be just be me and my sister. We are looking for a place to stay in LA that is close enough to the port but also near some restaurants or beaches. Is Long Beach too far to stay or is San Pedro the better bet? We will have a car but I know LA traffic can be a bear and don't want to deal with a ton of it if we don't have to. We are looking at a price range of 150 per night. Any experience you could share would be great.

Crowne Plaza San Pedro is a good option. Less then 1 mile from the port. I have always been able to book it by bidding for less then $100.

Thank you so much time2cruise1! I was able to book the Crowne by bidding 81...99 total per night including fees. :D

Could you give more details how you are bidding your own offer? Using priceline or sth similar?

Thanks in advance:-)

Wysłane z mojego iPad przez Forums

I am not sure if CC guidelines allow me to speak about specific sites but I can tell you that it is through the "Express Bidding" process on a site that may or may not have been mentioned above. :p It gave an option of 3 hotels and there aren't that many in San Pedro to begin with. It was basically luck of the draw that I received Crowne Plaza..although the other ones comparable. The Express bidding offered a 3 1/2 star at $81. That's what I used.

Yes. Quite a few restaurants along waterfront and downtown area although I only hit a burger joint and liquor store when I was there in May. San Pedro has a free trolley service to take tourists around but you should confirm its schedule on your day of visit as the free trolley only runs on selected days.

http://www.sanpedro.com/SPCOM/sanpedrotrolley.htm

Yes. Quite a few restaurants along waterfront and downtown area although I only hit a burger joint and liquor store when I was there in May. San Pedro has a free trolley service to take tourists around but you should confirm its schedule on your day of visit as the free trolley only runs on selected days.

http://www.sanpedro.com/SPCOM/sanpedrotrolley.htm

A few blocks away is a nice Belgium restaurant that makes some nice Belgium waffles for breakfast.

Even better! Thanks for the additional input. :) Are there any restaurants close by?

there is a really good Mexican restaurant on the water about 1 block from the Crowne Plaza hotel. Last month, we were able to watch the Pearl arrive from our hotel room. We stayed there free using IHG hotel points; booked a king bed and got upgraded to a corner suite. It is also a nice leisurely walk down to see the ship up close. You are within a few blocks of several restaurants and stores. There were some liquor stores down by the where the ship docks as well.