Gps

mrbill62

I take mine every cruise, I waypoint the docks so when I'm off the ship i can find it if I get lost. To the nay sayers YorN and firemannobswife try typing positive replays you 2 are block list fodder for sure

Whatever floats your boat. Wasn't trying to be negative just saying if someone wants to see where they are it's easily accessible on the ship! But if that's the way you want to take it, fine. I'll try to ignore your horrendous spelling. BTW, OP asked a question and I answered with No I don't bring mine. Not sure how that constitutes being bad.

Don't think my Tom Tom would have a map for the Caribbean.

I always bring mine so I can geocache in the ports (google it if you don't know what geocaching is - it's great!).

I think it's also fun to occasionally turn on the gps while underway to see exactly how fast we're going and what we're passing. Some of that info is available on the ships's tv's, but not the detail that I have in my gps, and also it's more fun to be able to identify islands and such while I'm actually standing on deck staring at them. There are lots of free downloadable maps that I use on my gps so I always have maps for wherever I'm cruising!

A smart phone's gps won't work when it's on airplane mode (at least on the iphone that's true).

Always! We try to find a geocache on each island if possible...we preload them before we go

Kathy-Central Indiana

Mom to four (2girls-17&13), (2boys-14&11)

Carnival Liberty (Southern) 4/2015)

Carnival Conquest (11/13) Repositioning

Carnival Liberty (4/13) Eastern

Carnival Destiny (6/04) Southern