Winemakers Dinner on Regal in the Caribbean

pennst8r

I'm trying to schedule specialty dining for interested members of two December roll calls. Since I'd like to make reservations for the group as soon as I board, I need to know which nights the winemakers dinner is being offered in the Caribbean on the Regal.

Since there are other dinners involved, I need to try to juggle finding a day for Crown Grill, Winemakers and Crab Shack. I know Crab Shack is offered on formal nights (Tuesday and Friday) and Crown Grill is every night. If I know the third dinner, I'll be able to come up with a tentative schedule ahead of time so people know how to plan their time.

Thanks in advance!!

~ Roseann

We're on the ship right now and my wine makers dinner reservation is for Wednesday night, the night between St Thomas and St. Maarten. We're to meet at the International Cafe at 6:50. I don't know if they also offer it on other nights.

Would greatly appreciate if you could find out about other nights. A brief description of the menu would be wonderful. I'm not a big fan of liver.

We're on the ship right now and my wine makers dinner reservation is for Wednesday night, the night between St Thomas and St. Maarten. We're to meet at the International Cafe at 6:50. I don't know if they also offer it on other nights.

Ditto and Ditto. I guess we will see you at dinner tomorrow night! :)

Thanks More Cruises and WendyG, that helps a great deal!

As for Rocketman, I did the Winemakers Dinner last December and there wasn't any liver! :eek: Seriously, there are three different versions of the dinner with four courses each and paired with appropriate wines. I wish I could remember the menu but I can't. I just know it was delish and there was no liver. Perhaps there are menus on the Princess website.

~ Roseann

Thanks More Cruises and WendyG, that helps a great deal!

As for Rocketman, I did the Winemakers Dinner last December and there wasn't any liver! :eek: Seriously, there are three different versions of the dinner with four courses each and paired with appropriate wines. I wish I could remember the menu but I can't. I just know it was delish and there was no liver. Perhaps there are menus on the Princess website.

~ Roseann

Beef Wellington is made with liver. Just like all liver dishes they have to hide it under a pastry but it is still there. I'll check the menu and bribe the chef if necessary.

Beef Wellington is made with liver. Just like all liver dishes they have to hide it under a pastry but it is still there. I'll check the menu and bribe the chef if necessary.

Hmmm, I haven't had Beef Wellington on a Princess ship in a long time. The original way was with the liver pate under the pastry. I'm not a fan of liver; but, I liked the pate on the Wellington. The last time I had it -- several years ago -- they replaced the liver with a finely chopped mushroom pate. I love your comment: "they have to hid it under a pastry." :D

Hmmm, I haven't had Beef Wellington on a Princess ship in a long time. The original way was with the liver pate under the pastry. I'm not a fan of liver; but, I liked the pate on the Wellington. The last time I had it -- several years ago -- they replaced the liver with a finely chopped mushroom pate. I love your comment: "they have to hid it under a pastry." :D

Thanks for sharing that. I would try a Wellington with mushroom pate. Love mushrooms. Since it will be just the two of us, I'm skipping the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We'll be having Steaks Au Poivre with mushrooms stuffed with jalapeno, bacon, and cream cheese. And a nice cabernet of course.

Oh, my Cruise Critic friend, do I owe you. I was intrigued with the Beef Wellington with mushroom pate so I looked up the recipe. Oh, my gosh. I decided immediately after reading the recipe that I will fix that for New Years Day.

Also did the winemakers dinner. First I called and they were kind enough to drop off the menu at our cabin. I wanted to see it as I'm not that much of an adventurous eater and frankly more interested in the wine than the food.

What was also disappointing was that there were only 2 wines served as matches for all the courses. No aperitif and no desert wine. We had done the chefs table on a previous cruise and it was much much better.

Our honest opinion was that for the $80 that it cost us we could have gone to one of the other venues to dine and bought 2 bottles of wine to enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums