Emerald Cabins C437 and D425

Cessnock

Can anyone offer info on these cabins. We hope to manage a mini but finances may push us back to a balcony. The cruise is Mediterranean/ Agean from Barcelona. We need advice too on port or starboard being July and probably quite warm.

Can anyone offer info on these cabins. We hope to manage a mini but finances may push us back to a balcony. The cruise is Mediterranean/ Agean from Barcelona. We need advice too on port or starboard being July and probably quite warm.
On your primarily eastbound cruise you should more often have shade on the port side (even number) cabins.

The only advantages of a minisuite is the sofa in the sitting area, a tub with a shower rather than the tiny shower and a glass of "Champagne" if you call it that. Your cruise will be port intensive and you won't be on your cabin much during the day. We only consider minisuites on cruises with a lot of sea days such as a transatlantic.

The Caribe deck balconies are larger at 81 sq feet and half of the balcony is covered. The Dolphin deck minisuite balconies are only 63 sq ft and totally uncovered. There are totally covered minisuite balconies aft on Emerald deck.

I am assuming you are doing a 7 or 14 day cruise on the Emerald departing on July 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

On your primarily eastbound cruise you should more often have shade on the port side (even number) cabins.

The only advantages of a minisuite is the sofa in the sitting area, a tub with a shower rather than the tiny shower and a glass of "Champagne" if you call it that. Your cruise will be port intensive and you won't be on your cabin much during the day. We only consider minisuites on cruises with a lot of sea days such as a transatlantic.

The Caribe deck balconies are larger at 81 sq feet and half of the balcony is covered. The Dolphin deck minisuite balconies are only 63 sq ft and totally uncovered. There are totally covered minisuite balconies aft on Emerald deck.

I am assuming you are doing a 7 or 14 day cruise on the Emerald departing on July 11.

It is actually July 25 and 14 days. Your advice is welcome, I guess we would not spend much time in our cabin. It is a $1,200 difference overall.

Both C437 and D425 are on the starboard (right) side. As your voyage is generally in an westbound direction that side will be in the shade most times since the starboard side will be facing north while at sea. So if you want shade in the hot sun of the Med. during summer select starboard.

C437 is a really nice balcony cabin with a 9'x9' balcony, half covered and half uncovered, with 4 chairs and a table. We were on the Emerald last January in a Caribe deck balcony cabin and it was very nice. Lots of closet space and storage. The only small drawback is the smallish shower.

D425 is a mini suite. It has a 9'x6' balcony totally uncovered. The mini suite interior is larger and includes a small couch. The bathroom is a little larger and has a tub/shower.

C437 is a cat B1 balcony cabin, and Princess designates it a "Premium Balcony." If you select a cabin aft on the same deck you will see that they are cat. BD. These cabins are identical to the C437. The only reason Princess calls them "premium" is because of mid ship location. You could save money on a cat. BD. Take a look.

Hi! Just off the Emerald and we were in C435 and our friends were in C437. Identical rooms and like other poster said, big balcony with 4 chairs. You walk right out your door and there are the mid stairs. Very convenient for us as we always do stairs. I would highly recommend C437 vs a mini as we like this 1/2 sun and 1/2 shade balcony.

Have fun!

Hi! Just off the Emerald and we were in C435 and our friends were in C437. Identical rooms and like other poster said, big balcony with 4 chairs. You walk right out your door and there are the mid stairs. Very convenient for us as we always do stairs. I would highly recommend C437 vs a mini as we like this 1/2 sun and 1/2 shade balcony.

Have fun!

Thank you for the advice. I am now thinking c438 as the cruise is sailing eastward and I expect it to be hot in July. I assume the cabin is identical to 437. I tend to get a little seasick so don't want to risk further aft. Also the BD cabins are much further from the lift and my husband is not a good walker

It is actually July 25 and 14 days. Your advice is welcome, I guess we would not spend much time in our cabin. It is a $1,200 difference overall.
In your original post I believe you said that you were sailing eastward from Barcelona but your cruise will be sailing westward from Istanbul. In that case the starboard (odd) cabins will have more shade. I still vote for the CarIbe Cat BD cabins just forward of the aft elevators/stairs. I'm prone to sea sickness and I personally have not experienced more motion in those cabins than in the midships cabins. That is only one person's opinion and YMMV.

In your original post I believe you said that you were sailing eastward from Barcelona but your cruise will be sailing westward from Istanbul. In that case the starboard (odd) cabins will have more shade. I still vote for the CarIbe Cat BD cabins just forward of the aft elevators/stairs. I'm prone to sea sickness and I personally have not experienced more motion in those cabins than in the midships cabins. That is only one person's opinion and YMMV.

Sorry you are so right about the East/West thing. I got confused translating from the Southern Hemisphere (Australia) to the north. Just as well I am seeking advice from sensible people!

I am now looking at C631...not too far for walking to the lift, not too far aft for seasickness concerns and balcony half covered. More money saved!

Sorry you are so right about the East/West thing. I got confused translating from the Southern Hemisphere (Australia) to the north. Just as well I am seeking advice from sensible people!

I am now looking at C631...not too far for walking to the lift, not too far aft for seasickness concerns and balcony half covered. More money saved!

Looks like a pretty good choice to me. On our Grand Med cruise from Barcelona the seas were quite calm most of the cruise. I had no need for my Scopolamine patches or even less heavy duty meds. We were all the was forward in E109 on the Regal. There have been posts of "rogue" waves but I don't believe that is very often. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app