Landing in MIA, cruising next day from Port Everglades

KTRuby

I need to get my act in gear and make some plans! Two of us are flying into MIA on 12/26 at 3pm and sail from Port Everglades the next day. I don't have anything set up for transportation or a hotel. Any suggestions for either? We usually stay in Miami because that's where we normally sail from but thought somewhere in Fort Lauderdale might be new/different/easier (though the prices seem a bit higher?). I've used a shuttle service from FLL to POM before but is the opposite possible? My only request is to be able to walk to a store to pick up our 2 bottles of wine and water, etc.

Thanks!

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and lodging info.

You have lots of options:

* You could stay near MIA and make your way to PE the next morning - hotels in the Blue Lagoon area offer free airport shuttles plus a local strip mall nearby with dining options plus grocery, drug and liquor stores :D

* You could hotel shuttle back to MIA and ride the cruise transfer bus to PE - not fast or cheap, but fool proof

* You could rent a car one way from MIA to FLL and stay/shop/dine where you want

* You could save $$ and ride the Tri-Rail train from MIA to FLL and then cab/shuttle to your FLL area hotel

* You could use a taxi for about $80+ depending upon which hotel you choose

* You could use a limo/car service for not too much more than cab fare

* You could ride shared shuttle service from American Shuttle, Super Shuttle or Go Airport for about $35+ per person, depending upon your hotel choice.

Good luck! :)

I would take SAS Transportation to Fort Lauderdale Hyatt Place Convention Center which can be booked through value trips dot com Publix and wine store close by if you like to shop Ross and TJ Maxx down the street. the hotel has transportation to the port for around $7 each but I recommend a taxi.

I would take SAS Transportation to Fort Lauderdale Hyatt Place Convention Center which can be booked through value trips dot com Publix and wine store close by if you like to shop Ross and TJ Maxx down the street. the hotel has transportation to the port for around $7 each but I recommend a taxi.

Great plan - except SAS does not service the MIA airport (their only pick up in Miami is at POM). :( Your hotel suggestion is spot on for many cruisers.

JohninDC is correct and SAS will now only service certain hotels in FLL area due to increased traffic (esp maritime when bridge is up) IMO I'd get to Fort Lauderdale and stay there to avoid rushing the next day Many hotels with free shuttle to port

I was so excited and about to reserve when I noticed that the fare is blacked out on 12/26 :( Might try anyway and see if it's close to reasonable. Otherwise I think it's between Sleep Inn or Best Western.