New style luggage labels

PJ's

Noticed on the Cunard site that there was a thread about the new style luggage labels so thought I would check on my CP to view mine for my P&O cruise on Thursday even though they sent them with my information booklet. Lo and behold - yes they were changed so have now been madly printing off the new ones. They are now coloured but it states that you can print in black & white. Apparently they are for embarkation and disembarkation and show a 20Kg weight is allowance. Managed to fit them into my plastic holders.

Are these now standard for all Carnival ships?

On ours it is '8M'. No idea what this means as we are on A deck. They are coloured red with a brown square in the middle but my printer is useless. It says you can print in black & white so maybe the colours are not relevant?

Hi pj yes they are already in use like ocean terms there are 3 drop of pod,s each different letter represent,s the pod to be used for different part,s of the ship , it should speed up the cases to your cabin , i.e mayflower going through a big refurb to take larger princess and po ship,s with five drop of pod,s and 50 coach bay,s

Matye it is a nostalgia thing. a '9F' is a type of british rail steam freight locomotive. A '8M' would suggest a mixed traffic locomotive but there was no such beastwith a '8'? . - I must get a life :o

The cunarders have been driving themselves crazy over this, shall we follow them ;)

They have changed, but I do not know the relevance of the big '9F' between the cruise number and cabin number. Perhaps it's the location in the shed where the cases will be after disembarkation?

On ours it is '8M'. No idea what this means as we are on A deck. They are coloured red with a brown square in the middle but my printer is useless. It says you can print in black & white so maybe the colours are not relevant?

The number is the deck and the F means Forward and M means Mid. Colours just make it easier.

Edited by Gettingwarmer

Matye it is a nostalgia thing. a '9F' is a type of british rail steam freight locomotive. A '8M' would suggest a mixed traffic locomotive but there was no such beastwith a '8'? . - I must get a life :o

The cunarders have been driving themselves crazy over this, shall we follow them ;)

No Dave that would be a 8MT, and I agree I do not think there was ever one of those. There was of course a 7MT which were the Britannia class of standard locomotives.

It is a good thread over on Cunard, lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks Dai, of course it is MT :o

well it took 3 goes to get a useable label. first time too small ,second time too far to one side. I ended up printing it to a large image file and printing from that, even so i will have to cut some paper off one edge. :rolleyes:

has anyone tried folding one of these things :)

right, lets do the cunard thing, i have a red label with a blue and grey striped box in the middle. there is also a capital D in addition to the big '12F'

does this mean i am going to get a free cruise :D