Thinking of buying RCL stock??

I was considering purchasing 100 shares of RCL stock for the on board credit for a 14 day cruise I am taking in July.

I do have on board credit from my Travel Agent, so I am unclear as to whether this would exclude me from getting the share holder credit?

I sent an email to the share holder benefit email and was told to submit my statement. They told me it is all on a case by case basis?! I have asked them to look at my reservation and see if I am excluded before I buy the stock, but they keep telling me to just send in my statement and they will let me know:eek:

I was considering purchasing 100 shares of RCL stock for the on board credit for a 14 day cruise I am taking in July.

I do have on board credit from my Travel Agent, so I am unclear as to whether this would exclude me from getting the share holder credit?

I sent an email to the share holder benefit email and was told to submit my statement. They told me it is all on a case by case basis?! I have asked them to look at my reservation and see if I am excluded before I buy the stock, but they keep telling me to just send in my statement and they will let me know:eek:

You can normally combine the shareholder OBC with travel agent OBC, unless the travel agent is actually giving you a Royal OBC, such as from group amenities. You can ask the travel agent the source of the OBC. If it's out of their commission, then you should be OK combining it with the shareholder OBC.

I would NOT buy the RCCL stock right now. It is really high, so you will probably end up taking a loss on it in the future. and there are TONS of restrictions, you can hardly combine it with anything. So if your cruise was a BOGOHO or something like that, you cannot combine the stock OBC with it. Make sure you really understand what you can combine it with

I finally sold mine as it got to be so restrictive it was not worth it. I made a ton of money on the sale so that was all good.

Bought 100 shares earlier this year, it's up about $20 per share so far.

Scanned my broker's last quarterly statement showing the 100 shares on my account and sent email to 'ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com' and much to my surprise I not only received an email immediately confirming that they had my request, but I had another email in my inbox within 2 hrs confirming that the $100 OBC had been added to my account already.

I also have an OBC from my TA, so nice bonus, $100 now and stock is up over $20 a share !! Nice deal !! Plus remember you can use the same 100 shares as many times as you cruise. It's not a one time deal.

As for is it too late to get into the stock with the price going up? I thought that about Apple also earlier this year and am more then happy I didn't decide on not getting in, better late then never :D

I have used my stockholders OBC with the BOGOHO sale. However, there are many times when I am not able to use it, like when they give me a C&A discount that I didn't know about it. Sometimes you get it; sometimes you don't. I love the perk though. You just have to use it wisely.

I have also heard that buying RC stock is not a wise financial move, but it makes me happy and I enjoy looking at it when I log into my portfolio. If a stock can make you happy, this one makes me happy.... and that makes it worth it.

I have used my stockholders OBC with the BOGOHO sale. However, there are many times when I am not able to use it, like when they give me a C&A discount that I didn't know about it. Sometimes you get it; sometimes you don't. I love the perk though. You just have to use it wisely.

I have also heard that buying RC stock is not a wise financial move, but it makes me happy and I enjoy looking at it when I log into my portfolio. If a stock can make you happy, this one makes me happy.... and that makes it worth it.

That could be said for just about any stock depending on when you buy it.

Those that bought RCCL stock 2 years ago have seen their investment double which to me would be a very wise financial decision.

One recent article that I read had 10 of 13 major investment firms rating RCCL as a buy and the other 3 as a hold. One of the major firms had a target price for RCCL of $88 and it is currently just over $70 per share.

I've had RCI stock for over 10 years. :(

Years ago while you were able to combine discounts it was a good deal.

Now we haven't been able to use it for years. We are diamond members and use the $225 balcony discount so no $100 OBC for us.

In my opinion being a shareholder should have no impact on others discounts.

I am going to try to use it on our upcoming cruise since our DS and his friend are coming and staying in an inside room.

After that I'm selling it.

I had put in a limit order for $50 I believe. Think it's now up to $70. Surprisingly, analysts still think there's upside potential. Did get NCL on a limit order at the same time and purchased it, and in just a few months, it's up 35%.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The shareholder OBC credit should not have any bearing on whether you buy the stock or not. You should ONLY buy the stock if you think it is a good investment with more 'up' potential. Even the maximum OBC credit is only $2.50 per share of stock price change (for 100 shares). The price can easily change that much in a few days, up or down....

At this point the RCL stock is at it's high price range. Some investment gurus say it will still be going up, some say no. I am happy; I bought my 200 shares at $23/shr awhile back.... I have not claimed the OBC benefit in a long time since I get a lot more with the Diamond benefit for balcony cabins.