Jamaican rum and coffee in Falmouth

southnam

Our cruise stops in Falmouth and the plan was to just hang out in port and take a walk into town. Any suggestions on places to get a bottle of Rum and some Blue Mountain coffee. Would they be cheaper in town? I have been to Jamaica before and feel fairly safe walking around.

Thanks

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone else looking for these items here is what I found from this past week. Skip the first few shops in port as they are more expensive on average. Bought out coffee at a store on the left side about halfway down for $20 a lb. Yes could've been cheaper on town as some say but I couldn't find a store with the Jabrum brand. I did however go to a grocery store in town and got my Appletowns Vx rum for about $18 whereas in port they wanted $35 for the same bottle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would like to ask some advice from those of you who've bought the Jamaican coffee before ...what's your favorite and why? I had planned on buying some but don't really know much about it..I do like to try different coffee..my favorite last year was a Route 66 coffee I picked up that had roasted pinon nut in it..

If you buy some coffee, I assume it will be OK to bring it back aboard the ship. I know they are picky about taking food *off* the ship, not sure about taking food *on* the ship.

Also - would this coffee have to be declared at customs when we return?

• 2 weeks later...
If you buy some coffee, I assume it will be OK to bring it back aboard the ship. I know they are picky about taking food *off* the ship, not sure about taking food *on* the ship.

Also - would this coffee have to be declared at customs when we return?

Yes and yes.

• 1 month later...