Champagne bkfst in bed vs Balcony bkfst

kayred

I would love to hear from anyone who has purchased one of the anniversary/honeymoon packages that included the champagne breakfast in bed. What does this include? Is it the same as the "champagne balcony breakfast for two" I have read such wondeful things from everyone (thank you) about the balcony breakfast I am wondering if we will enjoy the breakfast in bed as much (as if breakfast in bed could be bad...).

I would also love to hear your experiences with the honeymoon/anniversary packages, I have booked the "Princess Anniversary Experience" and will be enjoying it on our upcoming cruise.

When we had it it wasn't the champagne balcony breakfast. Our steward left a special order form for us that we were allowed to order anything (and everything!) from the dining room breakfast menu (also left in our room) to be delivered with our 1/2 bottle of champagne.

If I was you I'd pay the $25 for the ultimate balcony breakfast in addition to this one, that way you get 2 full breakfasts with champagne served in your room! :D

Oh, and an answer to the rest of your question, here is a blurb from our Regal princess cruise review:

Deluxe Honeymoon Package:

We were given this package as a gift which included the following: Vase with 2 roses in the room, a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries the first day, 2 engraved champagne flutes to keep, in room appetizers each night, 2 Princess waffle robes to take home, a 30 minute facial or massage per person, a framed 8x10 formal picture, complete breakfast in bed one morning with a half bottle of champagne, and an invite from the captain to tour the bridge. The appetizers we received each night (in order) were: Assorted canapés, chocolate strawberries, chicken wings, caviar canapés, mini pizzas, shrimp cocktail, jalapeno poppers, fried shrimp, salmon mousse and pate canapés, and some sort of sliced hot dog wrapped in pastry concoction (the strangest of them all.) We had thought about doing the $25 Tracy Arm Balcony Breakfast, but decided to get our included breakfast in bed instead in Tracy Arm. Rey left a breakfast menu the night before along with a special order form for us to leave out that night. Rey delivered our breakfast at the appropriate time, we didn’t realize we ordered so much but it took him several trips to bring it all! Unfortunately as I was carrying one of our plates outside….CRRRAAASSSH! It slipped out of my hands! We cleaned up what we could, so if anyone is staying in this room and can see the beans smashed into the balcony, well you know where they came from! I told Rey about our mishap and he promptly had the plate replaced with a new one.

The bridge tour took place on the sea day between Tracy Arm and Victoria. We received a letter signed by the Captain telling us the time and place we were to meet security, who would lead us to the bridge. The letter also advised us not to tell anyone of when the tour was taking place for security reasons. We met the security officers who verified our identity along with 8 or so other people at the indicated time. They led us through a couple of doors and up some stairs and we finally found ourselves on the bridge. The Captain was not there at the time, the third officer was the Office of the Watch during our visit. He started off with a short orientation of what he and the others up there were doing. While we were up there several times he pointed out pods of nearby whales to us. The ship was in autopilot while we were up there so we didn’t get to see them maneuver the ship, but we were able to walk all around the bridge looking at the different charts, alarm panels, controls, radar, GPS, etc. We were also able to go out onto the bridge wings and look around, we could see people on the aft of the top deck looking and wondering what we were doing there. We had a good view of our balcony from the bridge wing, which made us wonder if they ever were spying in on us. I would say we got to spend around 20-25 minutes up there exploring and taking pictures before they told us that it was time to go.

I would love to hear from anyone who has purchased one of the anniversary/honeymoon packages that included the champagne breakfast in bed. What does this include? Is it the same as the "champagne balcony breakfast for two" I have read such wondeful things from everyone (thank you) about the balcony breakfast I am wondering if we will enjoy the breakfast in bed as much (as if breakfast in bed could be bad...).

I would also love to hear your experiences with the honeymoon/anniversary packages, I have booked the "Princess Anniversary Experience" and will be enjoying it on our upcoming cruise.

We were on the CB 8/6/05 sailing

We got the champagne breakfast in bed with the special occasion package I booked for DH. This was wonderful. They came with three full trays. We ate ours out on our balcony.

We got a full bottle of Korbel champagne, a large plate of pasteries, muffins, etc, a large plate with 1/2 filled with berries and whipped cream, we each got a plate with bagels and smoked salmon, and we each got a plate with quiche Lorraine, and grilled tomato, bacon and some vegetables. They also gave us a pot of coffee and orange juice.

The menu was a set menu and you could not chose what you wanted.

Thank you so much for the replies. I am so glad that they are not the same thing. I am going to pre order the balcony breakfast too that way we can start 2 of our 3 sea days off in a wonderful and special way.

THANKS also so much for the example of the appetizers, I have been wondering what they would be like. Did you get to choose what they were each day? We are dining PC so I was also wondering what time they came?

I also was wondering what type of massage was given. Is it a set 30 minute massage or did you get a few to choose from?

As you can see I am very excited and thrilled to be not only be able to go on the cruise but to be able to splurge with the extra package.

The letter we received in the cabin said we would receive our choice of canapes or petit fours each evening - we never indicated what we wanted so I guess they just decided for us what to bring! They would usually come between 4 and 4:30PM each day.

The 30 minute massage or facial was just that - either a 30 minute massage or facial. There were no choices and they couldn't be combined into say, a 60 minute massage (although this probably depends on the paticular spa manager.) Still very festive.

The letter that we received in the cabin that outlined what we would receive is located at:

Alaska Cruise 2005

Click on Regal Princess - it's one of the first pictures in that album. Be sure to make it full size otherwise it's hard to read. :)

One thing I forgot to note when I posted my review is the letter mentions the "Plantation Spa." Don't know where they came up with that name - like the other Princess ships it's the Lotus Spa. :D

Archived