Resort Day Passes in Nassau

Abiding

We were at the Melia Resort for the day during our Getaway cruise back in September. While there was some construction going on, we thought it was the perfect day. The resort offers free wifi as well so it was great way to check in with our kids back home. We also took the #10 bus for $1.25pp. We would not hesitate to do this day pass again in the future.

In my video link below, there are scenes of the Daiquiri Shack and the resorts swim up pool bar as well as some beach scenes starting at minute 1:19 thru 1:35. Enjoy!! :)

https://vimeo.com/105505241

We were in Nassau in October of this year & I bought day passes to the British Colonial Hilton Hotel. It was very convenient...about a 5 minute walk from the ship along the main street. The hotel is beautiful as are the grounds. You have access to the beach (clamshell chairs), the pool (chaise lounges & canopied daybeds), the beach bar/restaurant & the washrooms. We could actually see the ship from our beach chairs. The cost is $65/person; but with that you get a $40 voucher to use at the restaurant. I would highly recommend it! I purchased it online (I think they require a small deposit), printed out my receipt & just presented it at the front desk of the hotel; easy, breezy.

Cheers,

Sandy

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Hilton

We will be going there on our December 13 cruise on the Getaway

What type of food did they offer

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app maria

2003 S/S Norway

2003 Majesty

2005 Dawn

2007 Pearl

2008 Pearl

2008 Dream

2009 Sky

2009 Sky

2010 Gem

2011 Dawn

2012 Gem

2013 Jewel

2013 Dawn

We were in Nassau in October of this year & I bought day passes to the British Colonial Hilton Hotel. It was very convenient...about a 5 minute walk from the ship along the main street. The hotel is beautiful as are the grounds. You have access to the beach (clamshell chairs), the pool (chaise lounges & canopied daybeds), the beach bar/restaurant & the washrooms. We could actually see the ship from our beach chairs. The cost is $65/person; but with that you get a $40 voucher to use at the restaurant. I would highly recommend it! I purchased it online (I think they require a small deposit), printed out my receipt & just presented it at the front desk of the hotel; easy, breezy.

Cheers,

Sandy

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Hilton

We will be going there on our December 13 cruise on the Getaway

What type of food did they offer

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app maria

We were at the British Colonial Hilton off Breakaway a couple of weeks ago. The beach and pool facilities were very nice, spacious, and quiet. It was an easy 10-15 minute walk (depending on your walking speed) from the ship, so no need to deal with a taxi or bus. It was also nice to have such a great view of the ships!

The not so good was the lunch. The service was slow slow slow. The food wasn't very good and was uninspiring. I.e., just normal burgers, sandwiches, etc. I had a mahi mahi wrap (I think that's what it was) and it was very bland. No conch or anything like that. We got annoyed after a while because we were finished eating and just wanted to get back to the beach... but it took forever to get checked out and we lost some valuable sun time as a result.

Would I do it again? Well, we usually don't get off the ship in Nassau, but did this time because we had a full day call on an otherwise uninspiring itinerary. We would at least consider it off Breakaway again, but I can't say for sure that we'd definitely do it again because of our disappointment with the lunch. Hope this helps, happy to answer any questions.

We've stayed at the Hilton and as I recall the beach isn't much but the pool is nice. If you want a nice beach venture away from the port. We generally don't get off in Nassau anymore but would love to try something new there next time..what's the best real beach away from port that's easily accessible? I have to agree that the view of the ships from BC Hilton is impressive :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

2015 Epic

2014 Breakaway

2013 Epic

2012 Gem

2011 Gem

2008 Explorer of the Seas

I take the ship tour to an island. On Carnival its Balmoral and I can't remember the NCL island they take you to. a day at the beach and food included if you want. I now like to go to Nassau. Before.... Not so much. The boat ride over is fun too

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Different strokes for different folks I guess:) I loved the fact that we were so close to the ship & didn't need to worry about public transit. And the walk there (I guess I have to admit that I might have underestimated it; it might have been 15 mins) but in my defence it did take us thru the main shopping district so I might (probably was) distracted. I am a foodie; and I would agree that the food was 'pub' fare. But if I can get a mahi mahi burger served with a side of ocean view; I'm okay with that. Hey, for $25....which is what it cost us to use all of the facilities...I considered it a good deal!

And, I didn't worry about whether we would make it back to the ship in time. I actually could have swam back to it if necessary. Well maybe not after those margueritas...

S.

The public transit is an experience in itself cuz the locals use it to go to and from work. I've found the locals to be warm and welcoming. I hope the construction is done by my February cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for all the responses! It's disappointing to hear that Melia has construction now. Not so sure about the Hilton as $65 is a lot when we don't really need a big lunch-just really the beach, chairs, pool and hot tub. We leave in 3 days...

• 1 year later...