dress code

msweezie

This can go as long as that smoking thread did until it was removed! the two most controversial subjects in consecutive weeks! You gotta love CC! :cool:

It certainly is a controversial subject, but in this particular thread I haven't seen any inflammatory or attacking posts that would be cause for thread removal, have you? Seems its been quite civil.

It certainly is a controversial subject, but in this particular thread I haven't seen any inflammatory or attacking posts that would be cause for thread removal, have you? Seems its been quite civil.

Yes...Thus Far! :cool:

Sorry to have bothered you. :rolleyes:

Reviving a thread just to spur an argument seems a little silly but if that's what floats your boat then again, good for you. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The idea that dress has any effect whatsoever on class or status is asinine and antiquated. Take your personal world view out of it, and tell me, in reality, what does a piece of cloth tied around your neck have to do with anything? Some day, this attitude will be looked on in the same way as judging people based on race or sexual orientation.

Visit any of the world-class restaurants in Portland, Oregon. You won't see a soul, staff or patron, wearing anything resembling the dress codes we're discussing.

The funniest part of all is that people are speaking of the MDR as if it is the pinnacle of fine-dining and we should respect it as such. From what I've read, the one thing everyone agrees on is that the MDR serves mass produced, uninspired, bordering on cafeteria-quality food. The only clothes we should be worrying about are the Emperor's, and he's not wearing any.

Now let's all go watch the Star Bellied Sneetches.

The idea that dress has any effect whatsoever on class or status is asinine and antiquated. Take your personal world view out of it, and tell me, in reality, what does a piece of cloth tied around your neck have to do with anything? Some day, this attitude will be looked on in the same way as judging people based on race or sexual orientation.

Wow... What's truly "asinine" here (to use your description) is any attempt to compare dress with the unalterable attributes of race and sexual orientation that each individual is born with. :rolleyes:

just off Voyager of the Seas and although we did find the dress code not strictly adhered to, one of our party did wear shorts to dinner in the MDR on casual night and was advised that no shorts were allowed. Also, to my shock, we had dinner in Chops on formal night and we found dress code was lots more relaxed in Chops than in the MDR.

rather, it will end up with plenty of males around you at dinner in outfits resembling your #2 above, which we both seem to agree is entirely inappropriate.

Yeah I agree it's not appropriate, but I can ignore it if it means I'm in comfortable resort casual wear (outfit 1).

I understand your point and we live in Eugene so share the flare for the informal. That's one of the reasons we enjoy getting dressed up for formal nights. It's something different from our norm. We don't care what anyone else wears, but dressing formal is a lot of fun for us.

Tom

Visit any of the world-class restaurants in Portland, Oregon. You won't see a soul, staff or patron, wearing anything resembling the dress codes we're discussing.