Indonesia- visa application

Rovinglamb

I have read conflicting advice on this so I contacted Azamara customer service to get a definitive answer. My query specifically asked if a visa can be arranged once on board prior to arrival in port in Indonesia. I had read that other passengers have done this on previous cruises.

Unfortunately the reply avoided answering this and simply directed me to the visa central website which involves sending off documentation through the post etc.

Can anyone provide advice? Is it possible for visas for Indonesia to be arranged on board Azamara or is there really no other option than to apply before leaving?

PS we hold UK passports.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Indonesia is cancelling the need for VISA's next year for some countries. Check if it applies to you.

I know Australia is one. :D:D I go there quite a bit.

This is great news sayaguru :D I wonder if they will still require you to pay the $25 on entry?

• 2 weeks later...
On the ship! The only one i know for sure is that you need to get is China and India. the rest the ship gets for you.

I can only comment from personal perspective...

US citizens are required to secure a formal visa--pre-cruise; it is required from initial entry and in any case is not done aboard ship--when visiting Brazil now... And under certain circumstances, US citizens visiting Turkey are now required to personally apply for an electronic visa in advance of arrival and/or sailing through...

With the US and other countries having tightened up entry requirements in a Post-09/11 world, I've found that an increasing number of countries have adopted reciprocal/more formal processes for--at least--us and that past practice is not necessarily predictive of current or upcoming requirements...

In the US--and as I understand it, in Canada--the CIBT/Visa Central website provides an exceptionally clear explanation of visa requirements/processes without charge and without requiring that one use their services... And if you pop in the Azamara account number [i've lost track of it but believe it is 49975], they will provide a list of cruises/destinations requiring personal visa application action [for instance, when I went to Asia with Azamara earlier this year, Visa Central knew that I needed to get my visa for China on an independent basis but that our visas for Vietnam would be arranged by the ship on a blanket basis]...

I'm not advocating use of Visa Central--their service fees can be high--but their website is a treasure trove of accurate/up-to-date information... I did use them for China and they were the first to pick-up on the fact that the Chinese had completely revamped their application [i needed to do it twice] while disclosing/highlighting differing procedures based upon Consulate [here, one need apply to a specific Consulate based upon state of residence; Brazil has a similar requirement]... I did not use them for the Brazilian visa I secured during the past few weeks--I went direct--but, once again, they were the first to pick up on the fact that the Miami Consulate had moved two weeks prior to my application drop-off [if one searched the web, three different addresses were cited with two out-of-date but it was unclear which were inaccurate]; I finally found confirmation of the move as first noted by Visa Central--it was a minor allusion lost in a paragraph--at the Brazilian Foreign Ministry/Miami website [which doesn't appear as an option if one does a web search for "Brazil(ian) Visa/Miami"]...

Visa requirements are ever-evolving, one size doesn't fit all [requirements vary based upon citizenship/passport issuer], and countries have discovered that--as an added bonus to controlling entry; even for tourism--they are revenue-producing [my Brazil visa--and start to finish I handled it all--cost $160 (payable--in the US at least--by postal money order only; another fact easily missed)]... Brazil's visa fees for Americans are actually tied to the fees that we charge Brazilians seeking a visa to enter the United States...

I understand why cruise lines--many suggest Visa Central; some suggest other third party services--do not keep expert resources on staff to handle inquiries given the dynamic, highly variable nature of requirements with substantial potential repercussion should guests be misinformed... The topic is--to my mind--a minefield...

Edited by Xport

Yes we need a visa as of 2014 but my TA phone twice to Azamara who said they do it on board as no picture is require for Indonesia. that is not to say other areas like China you need to do on your own. Also people on CC have been on AZ and had it done on board.