Will the newest ornament on your Christmas tree remind you of a recent RCI cruise too

Mine does!

I just unwrapped a beautiful hand-crafted ornament I found in San Juan on our Grandeur cruise last December. We had dodged raindrops all morning as we shop-hopped looking for something totally unique that would always create memories when we saw it on the Christmas tree. And we found it in a shop that sold local pieces of art. It made me smile when it emerged from the wrapping ... It was the first ornament hung this year. Actually, it's the only ornament on the tree right now.

I'll probably get the grandkids to come over later this weekend to help decorate the tree ... and when we get into the big box of ornaments, they'll be other memories ... Barbados ... Bahamas ...

We pick up a memento from every port we stop in and make it into an ornament. Once home, we place the date on the back and each year at Christmas we put them on the tree. As we place each one, we are reminded of the fabulous time we've had traveling.

Jackie

We have an ornament of every ship we've been on at least once. We reserve a spot on the tree for our "Dry Dock". We are only missing an Enchantment ornament that we forgot to buy. We just finished setting up the tree. After New Years Eve we'll have a new Quantum ornament. Here's a picture:

imagejpg1_zpsca86d3ee.jpg

I also collect ornaments from my cruises! Just glancing at my Christmas tree, I can see the Explorer, Reflection, and Allure :) I'm also reminded of Ravello, Labadee, Mykonos, and Bermuda from my other ornaments. I try to get one from every port, but sometimes can't find them or just flat out forget. Seetosea, I love your idea of turning a memento into an ornament. I'll have to start doing that when I can't find an ornament!

Our basement den tree is our travel tree. Nothing but ornaments from wonderful family travels over the years. Cruises to the Med and Northern Europe, Alaska, Caribbean, and Panama Canal. As well as many land based adventures. Each year as my wife, kids and I decorate the tree it is a wonderful trip down memory lane as we talk about the fun times we have had traveling to some of the most beautiful place in the world. The tree is full, but there is always room to add a few more ornaments.

I love collecting ornaments from the places we've visited. We've been to San Juan 3 times, but I still don't have an ornament from there.

We just got back from our Grandeur cruise a week ago. I decorated the tree yesterday, and the two newest ornaments are the ones I picked up on our trip. One from St. Thomas and the other is the ship ornament of the Grandeur. It's much tinier than our Explorer one.

I have ornaments from each ship as well. A few years ago a staff member on the Adventure suggested we put a keychain we won at Trivia on our Christmas Tree. Now I get a keychain at every port. Love my vacation memories. I also enjoyed your comment on " ships in drydock". I feel a little lost with no cruises booked for 2015...yet!

Do they sell those ship ornaments in the Logo shop onboard? All the cruises I've been on and I've never bought one. I'd like to start!

That's where I've seen them onboard. All except Indy which has no logo shop.

We started years ago getting an ornament from our trips. We usually only get one per trip, not per port. :eek:... If i got one in every port, I'd spend all my time shopping. (I'm a little picky :o) I try to get one that is significant to each trip. This year I'll be hanging the blown glass ornament from Murano. I couldn't find just what I wanted in Turkey one year and opted for the key chain.... it made a perfect ornament!

Merry Christmas! :)

Of course.

We started this tradition with our land vacations before we ever started cruising.............and the tradition goes on and on and on..................

We now put up 4 trees and the ornaments make the rounds.

Sea Ya

We have many brass ornaments of the ships we have been on. Haven't been able to find these for the newest ships. The two newest ones I hung this year were from our cruise to New England/Canada on the Explorer. This was a great cruise! Bought a hand made porcelain bisque lighthouse ornament in Portland, Maine and a hand painted shell with a lighthouse in Halifax. Leaving on the Quantum Monday and will be looking for an addition to the collection of ornaments that we have collected from many ships and ports.