Crab shack?

mameeo

Does anyone know if the crown has the crab shack. Sailing wth newly married daughter and son Inlaw in February. First time cruising for them and he loves crab so hoping crown offers it. Only just learned of it from friends just off the grand.

I adore seafood, especially crab, my wife hates seafood,!! Can she get anything that she calls normal food at the crab shack,whilst watching me drooling over a plate or two of crab...Please excuse my ignorance,what are hush puppies,?over here in the UK they are a type of shoe worn by ageing politicans with no dress sense...Chris and Shirley ,Royal b2b 9th-29th Dec..

I adore seafood, especially crab, my wife hates seafood,!! Can she get anything that she calls normal food at the crab shack,whilst watching me drooling over a plate or two of crab...Please excuse my ignorance,what are hush puppies,?over here in the UK they are a type of shoe worn by ageing politicans with no dress sense...Chris and Shirley ,Royal b2b 9th-29th Dec..

LOL, Fried Corn Meal balls. It is said that during pioneer days the women would fry them up at the camp site to throw to the dogs to keep them happy while the main meal was cooking.

Edited by Hobbsey

This CRAB Shack conversation has me intrigued. I am going on my first Princess cruise in 2 months and wonder what and where it is. My family is from MD and we LOVE crab.

I will be on Caribbean Princess and don't see it in the ship info. Perhaps it is not on that ship???

Here is the menu. The Emerald steamer had a couple of king crab legs thrown in and the shrimp in it were much bigger and already peeled. It's probably the best deal.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28228023/travel/nov%202014%20cruise/crabshack.jpg

Edited by Mississippian

Thank you for the link to the menu. My husband doesn't eat any seafood and I also was wondering if they offered something non-seafood. So I guess I will eat alone or he can keep me company while I feast. :)

Thanks for the pics!

It is correct that there is nothing but seafood. Crown Grill and Sabatinis have both seafood and non-seafood options. Maybe you will both be happy with one of those?

LOL, Fried Corn Meal balls. It is said that during pioneer days the women would fry them up at the camp site to throw to the dogs to keep them happy while the main meal was cooking.

Thanks for the clarification. I also know Hush Puppies as a brand of most comfortable shoes. The only problem I ever have with them, is s-t-r-e-t-c-h-I-n-g my Government Pension to afford them1 Layby and buying on special is my way of affording it, but when a good friend takes me to the shop and tells me to choose what I want, at LEAST 4 pairs, I don't decline the generous offer! My jaw did hit the ground in shock, but as she said, "That'll give you at LEAST years of comfortable shoes, possibly even 3, using the cheap Clearance buys round home and keeping these for best. I do want to try the Crab Shack if it's offered on my 2 night Melbourne, Australia-Sydney, Australia cruise.

Much reading of threads and gathering of information going on here. Several useful ideas like a multi-pocket hanger to control small items-BRILLIANT SUGGESTiION and it's on my shopping list, this will save a whole lot of hassle.

Crochetcruise :cool:

Why would someone pay the $20.00 per person fee to not eat seafood? I will say that they are serious about glueton on Princess. They will no longer toast your hamburger bun at the grill by the pool because it might contaminate the grill. I was not happy about that!

Doug

Here is the menu. The Emerald steamer had a couple of king crab legs thrown in and the shrimp in it were much bigger and already peeled. It's probably the best deal.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28228023/travel/nov%202014%20cruise/crabshack.jpg

I noticed on the menu that the Emerald Steamer has clams. I wonder if it would be possible to get just a couple of dozen steamed clams? Has anyone ever asked?

The Crab Shack is an absolute must if you like seafood! The value is incredible ($20 pp) and the food is delicious.

The best selection is the mixed steamer which includes crab, shrimp, clams, muscles, corn and sausage. One serving was enough for the two of us, but they will keep on filling it if you ask. They serve it in a single pot for two and it is easily a $100 meal on land.

The appetizer are the shrimp and hush puppies, the soup is chowder and then the main course. We have done the crab shack two times on each of our past couple of cruises and love it. The mud boil (crayfish) and the crab legs are solid, but the mixed steamer was the ticket on our recent cruise.

I totally recommend!

Happy Cruising:D:D