aft cabin?which deck is best?

jerseyaxn

Im booking a aft cabin on the breeze with extended balcony.Has anyone ever booked one?can anyone tell me if one deck is better than the other?also is it better to be in the middle of the aft cabins or next to the wrap around balcony cabins?

I love those extended aft cabins. I have been in the aft wrap and the cabin next to the wrap and in the middle. Loved them all. I would probably book one on the Verandah deck that way you have cabins above you just to ensure you don't hear chairs scraping from the Lido deck.

Im booking a aft cabin on the breeze with extended balcony.Has anyone ever booked one?can anyone tell me if one deck is better than the other?also is it better to be in the middle of the aft cabins or next to the wrap around balcony cabins?

Take a look at the deck plans. Decks six, seven, eight and nine all have rear facing balconies. The best cabin locations are cabins with other cabins above and below them. In this case that narrows down the choices to decks seven and eight.

Take a look at the deck plan for deck seven. The most expensive cabins are on this deck. That is a clue that this is a good deck.

Below deck six you will find one of the lounges. Deck six cabins might find a lot of noise coming up through the floor. Above deck nine is the pool deck. Some crew member is going to be setting up the deck chairs at sunrise. Don't plan on sleeping late if you are in a deck nine cabin.

So, the best decks for rear facing cabins are decks seven and eight.

We were on an aft extended last year on the Sunshine. We were on deck 5 and loved it. We never had any noise from below. Our only problem was hallway noise. We were at a "T" intersection so we had lots of foot traffic.

We loved the room and have booked another deck 5 room for Alaska next summer. I like being closer to the water on deck 5.

Enjoy

WE are leaning towards the emerald deck since that is where the suites are .I was just wondering if some aft cabins have bigger balconies than others.

Some are bigger than others, usually the one next to the wraps on the deck or two below lido, on the dream class anyway. Usually about 50% larger but not advertised.

On that class of ship, 8468 and 8475 are a few feet wider than the other aft balconies. If one of those are available, that would be the best in my opinion.

The aft balcony for these 2 cabins are the best on the Dream class ship :D

Our last cruise was on the Magic in 8475 and we loved it :D