175 Ball

jay888

I have just look to see what the dress code is for my cruise in May on the Queen Victoria. There is two formal nights one the Black and White Ball, the second 175 Ball. Can anyone tell what this is, because I have never seen this before.

Never heard this before, but my guest is it could be referring to part of celebrations of the '175th Anniversary' of Cunard ( starts in May )

2015 is quite a year with celebrations for Cunard ,in particular the first transatlantic from Liverpool to the new world.

:)

I have just look to see what the dress code is for my cruise in May on the Queen Victoria. There is two formal nights one the Black and White Ball, the second 175 Ball. Can anyone tell what this is, because I have never seen this before.

There is a similar note on the first formal night of the Cape Town to Southampton QM2 Voyage in April. When I saw that my guess was the same as Bell Boy.

QM2 had a 10th Anniversary evening on the trip down to Cape Town last January. There was a celebration meal with a specially printed souvenir menu and I think some extra touches in the Queens Room. I would guess it will be something similar but it will be repeated several times across all three ships.

• 1 month later...

Yes, as has been mentioned Cunard is celebrating its 175th Anniversary(see previous threads on that topic). Red, black and gold is the theme.

Edited by Salacia