4 night Carnival Imagination with 2 and 5 yr old

Stacycee

• 2 months later...

I read your review and noticed that your DS did not have a passport. Did he go to Ensenada with you with just the birth certificate? I have 3 kids without passports and am considering a 3/4-day cruise on Carnival to try out cruising with kids. Many thanks!

I read your review and noticed that your DS did not have a passport. Did he go to Ensenada with you with just the birth certificate? I have 3 kids without passports and am considering a 3/4-day cruise on Carnival to try out cruising with kids. Many thanks!

We took the cruise with DS just having his birth certificate. He could have gone into Mexico, but the kids did not get off the ship then. You can travel with just the birth certificate, but run the risk if "something were to happen". Hopefully it won't.

My kids had a great time. I'm sure yours will also :)

We took the cruise with DS just having his birth certificate. He could have gone into Mexico, but the kids did not get off the ship then. You can travel with just the birth certificate, but run the risk if "something were to happen". Hopefully it won't.

Thanks for the quick response! I was thinking if they couldn't get off the ship, we could possibly leave them in the kids club while we explored for a few hours.

Thanks for the quick response! I was thinking if they couldn't get off the ship, we could possibly leave them in the kids club while we explored for a few hours.

They can get off the ship, but just make sure you are back in time if you leave them onboard! You don't want to be one of those stories we all hear about. :D

The advantage to Ensenada is that it's only 75 miles south of the border. Could drive home if needed.

What is the risk of not having a passport? I was thinking of just doing birth certificate.

What is the risk of not having a passport? I was thinking of just doing birth certificate.

I have heard from others on CC that you could be denied boarding by immigration. Alternatively, if you get on the ship, you might not be able to get off at the foreign ports. Finally, if you get off at a foreign port, you might not be able to get back to the US quickly in an emergency.