Poor customer service

bedfordmom

Hi, I am seeking advice about working with my PCC. I just booked the Breakaway during the Black Friday Sale. The PCC promised me a higher OBC, specialty dinner and bottle of wine. When I got the invoice, I got only $50, no wine or dinner. I tried calling him back, said he would fix it and send me new invoice which I never recieved. He has not returned my calls. I called back the next day to talk to his supervisor, again got the runaround, and told that the head supervisor would call me back on Monday. He never did despite another call. What shall I do?

Call back until you get someone and get the results you were told.

Have you checked online on the NCL site? It may be showing there.

I have called a couple of times, and each time a different (very nice) PCC takes a message for the supervisor. He does not have a direct line. I was promised he would call by the end of the day yesterday. He did not. The original PCC will not answer my calls. As far as I am concerned this is very poor customer service. I was told I could cancel 24 hours after booking but I wanted to talk to supervisor first. Now I cannot cancel without penalty as cruise is 60 days away. They have my money now so no incentive to honor what the original PCC promised.

Have you tried going to NCL's website "Contact Us?" The Guest Relations # is 1 866 625-1164.

Hopefully, they can help you.

Thank you both--fantastic suggestions. BTW my NCL account says $50 OBC credit and then a ? I do want to go on the cruise but hate the idea that it was sold almost like a "bait and switch". I expected more honesty from the cruise company. I generally use one of the larger internet companies and have never had a problem.

Thank you both--fantastic suggestions. BTW my NCL account says $50 OBC credit and then a ? I do want to go on the cruise but hate the idea that it was sold almost like a "bait and switch". I expected more honesty from the cruise company. I generally use one of the larger internet companies and have never had a problem.

Give them a chance... Yesterday, Monday(1st day after along weekend and BLACK FRIDAY) Maybe you will have a better out come calling today... I think this can be worked out.. The bad side is it takes alot of PHONE TIME!!!:mad::mad: YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!:):)

Update: I called the guest relations desk and that number is for completed cruises. They switched me to the help desk where I talked to a very helpful woman. She was able to get me the promised dinner and wine and help me pay for the insurance. I forgot to mention the PCC told me he was going to get me one free insurance and he was going to tell me on Monday; (which he never did); thus I was without the insurance.

I then talked with her supervisor, told her the whole story and she promised me she was going to help me get in touch with the head supervisor around the PCC's behavior (ie broken promise, no call backs) . I do not want anything further but to alert them to the unscrupulous sales practice of one of their employees.

Update: I called the guest relations desk and that number is for completed cruises. They switched me to the help desk where I talked to a very helpful woman. She was able to get me the promised dinner and wine and help me pay for the insurance. I forgot to mention the PCC told me he was going to get me one free insurance and he was going to tell me on Monday; (which he never did); thus I was without the insurance.

I then talked with her supervisor, told her the whole story and she promised me she was going to help me get in touch with the head supervisor around the PCC's behavior (ie broken promise, no call backs) . I do not want anything further but to alert them to the unscrupulous sales practice of one of their employees.

Update II:

PCC called me apologizing for the misunderstanding telling me that he was going to make everything right that he promised. Sent me another confirmation with the exact same OBC and the fact that I just paid for the insurance. Boy does he think I am stupid. Checked ncl account and had the same obc. Called him back and he said he was going to look into it. Frustrating.

Hang in there and keep to your guns. Yes, your gonna be spending some killer phone time. Don't back down and don't give up. Make sure you are getting names and contact numbers for everyone that has promised you something and haven't done so. You need to have all your proof of communication handy.

NCL made a pretty big mistake on my reservation too. After a lot of calls and frustration is finally got fixed. With your log on all your calls and people...ask for a manager after it gets fixed. Be nice and ask...now that I've jumped through all these hoops to get what was promised and it took all this (your list of calls) ..what can you offer to keep me as a happy customer.

I got $50 OBC after it was all fixed as compensation for all I had to deal with. Makes all theses calls nicer when your on board with fruity free drinks! lol

Find a really great TA and give up the PCC. Not only will THEY handle all problems/upsells/upgrades with NCL, but they will add in extra OBC/Tips/wine, etc. on top of what NCL is giving. You get complaints about both reservation methods, but if I am going to have a complaint at least I will get a little something extra for my trouble;)

Find a really great TA and give up the PCC. Not only will THEY handle all problems/upsells/upgrades with NCL, but they will add in extra OBC/Tips/wine, etc. on top of what NCL is giving. You get complaints about both reservation methods, but if I am going to have a complaint at least I will get a little something extra for my trouble;)

I am sorry that I didn't use TA from my usual internet company. PCC caught me at a vulnerable momemt, he had been calling me for a couple of weeks and I caved in. I can kick myself. What frightens me is if the ship is run like the the customer service, it would be a disaster. I know better having this be my fifth NCL cruise and 10th overall

The ships and crews are always the best as we know. I had one of those salesperson calls and very nicely explained that I use a TA, they did not call again . Everyone needs to make a living but some folks need a knew line of work;) happy sailing .

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app

Update II:

PCC called me apologizing for the misunderstanding telling me that he was going to make everything right that he promised. Sent me another confirmation with the exact same OBC and the fact that I just paid for the insurance. Boy does he think I am stupid. Checked ncl account and had the same obc. Called him back and he said he was going to look into it. Frustrating.

How much OBC are you expecting? It is $100? Because the online system takes the cabin OBC and splits it across the number of passengers. So does the Amenity Form.

So it's possible your PCC sees the correct $100 OBC, but you see it listed as $50.

How much OBC are you expecting? It is $100? Because the online system takes the cabin OBC and splits it across the number of passengers. So does the Amenity Form.

So it's possible your PCC sees the correct $100 OBC, but you see it listed as $50.

Good point; however it was promised to be $150 and shows as $50 on my NCL account and confirmation forms. Just got off the phone with PCC and said that he is going to add the wine/dinner (geez didn't the nice supervisor do this yesterday) and I will get a confirmation soon as well about OBC change. I thought he did this yesterday. Keeping calm, professional and cool and makes me continue to be tenacious as long as this gets resolved. Thank you CC community for your help and support and I will let you know what happens. I also hope NCL is reading this

When my PCC didn't live up to her promises I persisted with emails and messages on her NCL facebook page until she realised I wasn't going away. It took me about eight weeks but I finally got what I was promised. Sounds like they ignore you for a while in the hope that you will go away. She was quick enough to respond, however, when I wanted to upgrade!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When my PCC didn't live up to her promises I persisted with emails and messages on her NCL facebook page until she realised I wasn't going away. It took me about eight weeks but I finally got what I was promised. Sounds like they ignore you for a while in the hope that you will go away. She was quick enough to respond, however, when I wanted to upgrade!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Talked again to the PCC who now claims I have $200 OBC and 2 bottles of wine. Sent me the same confirmation and then some invoice with 2 $25 OBC. Meanwhile my NCL account still shows $50. This guy is making me crazy.

Cancel your cruise and re-book with a TA. This is why I book with TA's directly now. I send an email to my TA...and it is done. New confirmation within an hour.

Good idea but I am past the date, its 60 days before cruising, I am going to ask for written confirmation of the "perks".

Cancel your cruise and re-book with a TA.
The cruise is less than 60 days away, so they cannot cancel without penalty. And if they have paid in full it is probably too late to have the booking transferred to a TA. But for people experiencing difficulties with a direct booking before final payment this would be an excellent suggestion: Guest Reservation Transfer FAQ

The cruise is less than 60 days away, so they cannot cancel without penalty. And if they have paid in full it is probably too late to have the booking transferred to a TA. But for people experiencing difficulties with a direct booking before final payment this would be an excellent suggestion: Guest Reservation Transfer FAQ

Success!! Received an amenity confirmation with the promised OBC. persistence paid off. Interested it does not show up in the NCL account but at least it is in writing so maybe not all NCL OBC shows up in the NCL account.

Success!! Received an amenity confirmation with the promised OBC. persistence paid off. Interested it does not show up in the NCL account but at least it is in writing so maybe not all NCL OBC shows up in the NCL account.

Congrats, glad you got it fixed. It seems some OBC does not show up on our account. We had 125.00, didn't see it, then I learned from the boards about the amenity confirmation.

Glad to hear you got it all worked out. Make sure to make a couple of copies of that Amenities page just in case it does not show up on your On Board Account.

If it were me, I would go to the desk on the second day and ask for a print out of your account. Take a look and see if the OBC applied or not. If not, just hand them one of your copies and ask when do they expect it to be fixed.

Best of luck....Go and have fun

This is a fact! We had $300 OBC but only $150 showed up on the account, however, we used $300 and that showed up at the end deducted from our bill. The only way I found out was by stopping by the customer service desk on the ship one day. Go figure!