Carnival Sensation: Cheers Program?

meengla

[Cross posting from the Roll Calls in hope to get more responses]

We (wife and I) booked last night for 21 December.

Question, being a 5-day cruise will the Cheers Beverage program be available in this Carnival Sensation cruise? I hear the Sensation doesn't offer the Cheers program for cruises of less than 5 day duration?

Thanks.

We were on the 3-night Sensation cruise and the Cheers program was offered. My husband got the beer package.

Thanks.

Beer package? What was that? All I see is one Cheers package with up to $10/drink included.

The Cheers program is available on all ships except those in Australia. There is no beer package just a flat rate $49.95 + 15% tip for up to 15 drinks per 24 hour period.

Thanks. But what is the source of your information? I Googled but could not found 'Not available' on Sensation or available only for 5-plus days cruises. Some 'official' Carnival page can really help?

Thanks. But what is the source of your information? I Googled but could not found 'Not available' on Sensation or available only for 5-plus days cruises. Some 'official' Carnival page can really help?

The source of my info is personal experience. I have done cheers on the Sensation twice. Most recently getting off the ship on Sunday. I will find the link and post it but it is available.

Thanks.

Beer package? What was that? All I see is one Cheers package with up to $10/drink included.

Sorry, I was getting confused with our last Royal Caribbean cruise. They have a beer package AND they don't force everyone in the cabin to buy the package. Carnival's Cheers program isn't nearly as good.

Thanks. I did see that page but did not find relevant info about availability on ships-and those Google search results which excluded Sensation didn't help.

But I think your personal experience is more than sufficient to convince me the Package would be available on my upcoming cruise. Thanks again.

Sorry, I was getting confused with our last Royal Caribbean cruise. They have a beer package AND they don't force everyone in the cabin to buy the package. Carnival's Cheers program isn't nearly as good.

Thanks. Good info about RCL not forcing everyone in the cabin. There is quite a difference between what I can imbibe vs my wife but we end up getting the whole-cabin package...I know some people would 'cheat' but that would require trying to take drinks to the cabin to 'share' with others there; that would get old.

Carnival didn't start doing cheers on ships that have three day itineraries until this past summer. Since then they have had several tweaks to the program that have made not only Google searches useless but also removed pertinate information from their own page.

Took a 3-day Sensation cruise a few weeks ago, and I can assure you, we made very good use of the Cheers program. Have fun!

Anna,

Talk to me about the Sensation Program as we are sailing next week. Here is my question...

Need some math help here. DW does not drink, maybe like 2 wines a day. I can do my share of the 15 a day. So I have to buy for both of us at $334.64 for a short 3 day cruise, right?

I heard that sodas and non-alcoholic frozen drinks are included in the Cheers Program..is this right? SO currently how much is a single soda on the ship? How much is a non-alcoholic frozen drink on the ship...average price?

I am trying to figure out if it is worth it if she drinks 2 wines and 2 sodas and 1 frozen non-alcoholic drink each day and I get my breakeven or better.

Thanks... Oh yea we are only going to Nassau so most likely will not get off the ship from Thursday morning - Sunday Morning, 3 nights.

Thanks

Still have the calculator out. On cheers I get 15 drinks every 24 hours, yes? So if I get it at 12:00pm on Thursday, the next day starts at 12:00pm Friday, right? So on a 3day cruise it should only cost $230 for the 2 of us, yes?

Still have the calculator out. On cheers I get 15 drinks every 24 hours, yes? So if I get it at 12:00pm on Thursday, the next day starts at 12:00pm Friday, right? So on a 3day cruise it should only cost $230 for the 2 of us, yes?

I'm pretty sure it's $50 a person per each cruise day so you'd pay $300 for 2 people.

It's not a flexible 24hr period. Their 'day' runs from 6am to 5:59am. So, for a 3 night cruise you purchase it for 3 'days'.

What we noticed is that with the program, we did drink more, and better quality wines/liquors than if we were paying per drink. For example, I would get the more expensive Chardonnay that I normally would choose, as long as it was under $10, instead of choosing the less-expensive option (I'm a cheap date!) Also, if you wife likes wine with dinner, she might like to enjoy a mimosa (or 2) with breakfast.

What we noticed is that with the program, we did drink more, and better quality wines/liquors than if we were paying per drink. For example, I would get the more expensive Chardonnay that I normally would choose, as long as it was under $10, instead of choosing the less-expensive option (I'm a cheap date!) Also, if you wife likes wine with dinner, she might like to enjoy a mimosa (or 2) with breakfast.

Thanks for all the info by posters above.

Exactly. That's why we are thinking of getting the Cheers package: Not to get hammered but to drink 'premium' quality liquor and wines. I don't think, without the Cheers program, we would be buying a lot of Patron Silver at $9.5/each.

A question: Is there an Indian food restaurant on Sensation? We went on the Dream and that had one.

PS. On our December 21 cruise we are planning to be off the ship--at least not to Nassau or Freeport. So possible we may still get a bit hammered.