Regal vs Allure of the Seas size comparison pic

clueless2

We're normally Princess cruisers but got a great last minute deal on Celebrity. So I thought the folks on here might enjoy the comparison.

Sent from my XT1060 using Forums mobile app

Hi... We are fairly new to cruising, having cruised once on Disney Dream and once in Celebrity Reflection Aqua Class. We enjoyed both of them immensely. We are thinking of trying the Regal Princess. Do you have any comparisons you could offer as far as food, service, entertainment and cabins go? Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi... We are fairly new to cruising, having cruised once on Disney Dream and once in Celebrity Reflection Aqua Class. We enjoyed both of them immensely. We are thinking of trying the Regal Princess. Do you have any comparisons you could offer as far as food, service, entertainment and cabins go? Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have not been on the Allure, but she was docked next to the Regal when we were in St. Martin - we shared a cab with a couple on the Allure and they mentioned the food was plain awful. DH and I felt a little sheepish as we had great food on the Regal and each put on a few lbs. despite being in shape, working out, taking the stairs and not really being "foodies".....yep it was that good. I think the Allure probably has more entertainment "wow" but we were very impressed with Fiera! Also noticed that once back onboard the Regal and enjoying the pool - lots of folks were leaning on the railings watching our MUTS:).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Having been on both classes of ships, as some of us here have, I can honestly say that I really enjoyed ALLURE OF THE SEAS, but I also really enjoyed Royal Princess, albeit for many different reasons. The food on Allure of the Seas was probably the best I have ever had on a cruise ship, but I never ate in the MDR, save for one time to try the buffet breakfast they served in there. All my meals on Allure were either at the pay specialty venues and/or other free eateries. It's not to say that the food I had on Royal Princess was bad - far from it - as it was all quite delicious. I'd go back on either ship in a heart beat!

:D

I was the same way about the OASIS/ALLURE. I thought I would never want to be on a ship that big...until I went on a ship that big. Our most enjoyable cruise to date was on the OASIS. So much so, that we booked the exact same cabin on the ALLURE. We still enjoy Princess and will continue to cruise with them, but don't knock it till you've tried it.