Disney Cruise Line and Latex Allergy

Sparkygirl

We are looking into booking a cruise with Disney Cruise Line with my daughter who has a severe latex allergy. Has anyone cruise DCL with a latex allergy? Are their balloons throughout the ship? I've sent a note to DCL directly and have not received a response back. Is there a standard turnaround time for responding to inquiries? Is there a special access needs department? We've successfully cruised NCL three times before with her and are now looking to try something different.

Thanks!

We have cruised all four Disney ships - I do not remember ever seeing balloons in the decor or shows. I only remember seeing balloons in ports and those displays are few and far between.

I do know that there is a "special needs" department for DCL. I do not have any contact info - what I have done is call the regular info number and asked to be transferred.

You will love your DCL cruise!

We are looking into booking a cruise with Disney Cruise Line with my daughter who has a severe latex allergy. Has anyone cruise DCL with a latex allergy? Are their balloons throughout the ship? I've sent a note to DCL directly and have not received a response back. Is there a standard turnaround time for responding to inquiries? Is there a special access needs department? We've successfully cruised NCL three times before with her and are now looking to try something different.

Thanks!

From the DCL website, the Special Needs department info:

Q:What methods are available to contact the Disney Cruise Line Complaints Resolution Official?

A:If needed, Guests with disabilities may contact the Disney Cruise Line Complaints Resolution Official using one of the following methods:

Pre-Cruise

Phone: 407-566-3602

Fax: 407-938-4295

TTY: 407-566-7455

E-mail: SpecialServices@disneycruise.com

Disney Cruise Line Terminal

In person at the Supervisor's Desk

Onboard our Ships

In person at the Guest Services Desk

Guests may also write

Disney Cruise Line

Guest Communications

Post Office Box 10238

Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/guests-disabilities/complaints-resolution-official/

The above is correct. Balloons are one of the items expressly forbidden on the ship. If a guest brings a balloon to the terminal, it will be held for them at the terminal till they return from the cruise. If they attempt to board the ship with a balloon at a port of call, they are required to leave the item behind on shore.

Do be aware that the housekeeping personnel use latex gloves while cleaning and some of the kitchen staff use the while preparing food and serving at the buffets. SO....if you are so sensitive that handling a spoon that someone using a latex glove has touched, there may be an issue. In that case, I'd suggest contacting DCL in advance to verify how the situation can be handled.