Is there a Princess Jail on board?

jeffdal

I guess there are worse ways to go than in your sleep on a cruise.

Personal financial planning goal is to die on the last day of an around the world cruise. When they run the credit card it is maxed out and my bank accounts are zero. Anything left is a lack of planning on my part.

Personal financial planning goal is to die on the last day of an around the world cruise. When they run the credit card it is maxed out and my bank accounts are zero. Anything left is a lack of planning on my part.

LOL... Brilliant! Except... they put a 'hold' on your card for the estimated on board spending and you'll be called to the purser's office (while you're alive) if the card is 'maxing out'.

EDIT: They're not dumb - the line will pries the money from your cold, dead hands.

Edited by Bill B

...And you would want to make the cruise line the sole beneficiary under your will. That way, when the cruise line seeks to collect the credit card debt from your estate....:D

Edited by JimmyVWine

You come into the world with nothing - you go out owing money - you have made a profit on the deal!:rolleyes:

re coffins vs body bags - the coffins are for the suite pax - the body bags are for steerage...

...And you would want to make the cruise line the sole beneficiary under your will. That way, when the cruise line seeks to collect the credit card debt from your estate....:D

Perfect! LOL. :D

re coffins vs body bags - the coffins are for the suite pax - the body bags are for steerage...

And LOL again. :D

I would guess that many people die on cruises. Cruising attracts a high percentage of older people who have various health issues. Obviously the lines don't advertise the fact but, if you have cruised much at all, you have likely been on a cruise where at least one passenger died. It happens to us all...

This happened on the Royal a year ago. Someone collapsed while dancing in the piazza. Sad :(

When I did the Ultimate Ship Tour on the Ruby Princess a few years back, they briefly showed the morgue (not in use at the time). It's basically in the back of a closet in the Medical Center, and I think it's got room for 3 or 4 bodies. If I recall, the chief medical officer who was providing the tour said that there was an average of about 1-2 deaths per year on the ship.

LOL... Brilliant! Except... they put a 'hold' on your card for the estimated on board spending and you'll be called to the purser's office (while you're alive) if the card is 'maxing out'.

EDIT: They're not dumb - the line will pries the money from your cold, dead hands.

I wonder if they will take your gold crowns?

When I did the Ultimate Ship Tour on the Ruby Princess a few years back, they briefly showed the morgue (not in use at the time). It's basically in the back of a closet in the Medical Center, and I think it's got room for 3 or 4 bodies. If I recall, the chief medical officer who was providing the tour said that there was an average of about 1-2 deaths per year on the ship.

Then I guess our cruise doubled the average, unless the Star has a higher average.