I am ready for fall are you with me?

zcat

I love fall and winter clothes - 100% angora sweaters. mohair sweaters, leather pants wonderful jeans and super boots and shoes. Anyone else on my side? Jump on my wagon with me.

No, it hardly ever gets cold in So. Cal., at least for me, not cold enough for the beautiful fall sweaters and boots that I'm seeing. That's about all I ever do, look at them, we're wearing short sleeved shirts around here until after Christmas.

Going through my closet for spring cleaning, I got rid of old sweaters and have not purchased one in years. I have a few lightweight jackets that I wear, my coats stay in the coat closet all winter, sometimes I have to wear a lightweight rain coat.

DH and I love the summer and love daylight savings. We enjoy the evening on our patio, having a glass of wine and chatting about the day. I'm not ready for it to end!

Autumn in michigan is almost as nice as autumn in new england!

i love it, everything about it, including the clothes. This fall, i am especially excited... i will be able to wear sweaters and the like with confidence. I am starting the fall with a 'bust'! :D

Nothing beats a pretty sweater and a hot mug of fresh cider!

Autumn in michigan is almost as nice as autumn in new england!

i love it, everything about it, including the clothes. This fall, i am especially excited... i will be able to wear sweaters and the like with confidence. I am starting the fall with a 'bust'! :D

Nothing beats a pretty sweater and a hot mug of fresh cider!

Lola,

Have you had your surgery yet? How did it go???

Hope all went smoothly and that you're happy with the results.

Jane

I'm not ready for summer to end. :(

I don't love it when it's very, very hot and we certainly had enough of those days. However, our summer started so late this year - I was still wearing the cashmere sweaters in early May! A few of my sandals from last year haven't even been worn yet.

I love fall weather and the clothes that I get to wear. I adore accessories and have lots of beautiful scarves and gloves. But I HATE when it gets dark early, I just find that so depressing and I always get sad in Sept. when I see the sunsetting so early.

Jane

I am so ready for this hot, hot, humid weather to be over! Fall is my favorite season of the year. I love the changing colors of the leaves, hearing the crisp crackle of leaves as you walk through the woods, not feeling like you need to take a shower after being outside even for a short period of time and changing your wardrobe from capris (which I hate) to slacks and sweathers. The only think I don't like is that Fall seems to be the shortest season of the year. It always seems to go from sweater weather to overcoats in a heartbeat. But then again . . . it's the same with Spring (my second favorite season) . . . it goes from nice cool weather after much too long in freezing temps to this hot and humid weather we get here in the D.C. area. For me, a perfect world would be five months of Spring, one month of Summer, five months of Fall and one month of Winter. Ahhhhh . . . to live in Utopia . . . :D

Summer on Cape Cod is wonderful, but there is no where nicer than Fall in the mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire with the green pastures and those brillant gold and orange leaves on the maple trees. Then it is time to enjoy a nice cup of cider by the fire and start packing for our winter getaway to visit our family in the southwest. Love leaving our northest mountains after our first ski of the season and arriving in the mountains surrounding Palm Desert, California come winter. Beautiful country from coast to coast.

GOTTA FIND A CRUISE BEFORE THOSE SUB ZERO TEMPS ARRIVE!!!

I CAN ALMOST FEEL THOSE WIND CHILLS ON THE WAY.

"100% angora sweaters. mohair sweaters, leather pants "

Ugh - no way. I can't wear angora OR mohair OR most wool - my skin can't take the itching!! And I've never been fond of leather pants. I do enjoy the fall temps, but if I had to choose a season for the clothes - I'd have summer year round!!

Noooooooooooo!!!!!:eek:

As soon as fall comes, then the "W" word is only a few short weeks behind - often the four letter "S" word comes even before fall is finished. Here in the "frozen tundra" we like our summers to last longer than average because our "W" is longer than average. :D

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Oh but with the winter word, I like the S word for snow and skiing.

I love winter. You can always put more on than you can take off for comfort.

You know here, people they say "oh I love summer" but after 3 consecutive days of 33+ humidity (91.4 +humidity), everyone says, "I hate this weather" especially when they are "going to work".

I want summer to go away and never ever come back. Fall, winter, spring, ok, but summer, bugs, mosquitos, heat, humidity, allergies, pollen, don't need it.

and with that comes the saying, different strokes for different folks.

:) :) :) :)

I'm so done with summer. The heat and humidity is more than any human can tolerate! Today it was 97 degrees with over 90% humidity (heat index of 106 degrees). My car is a mobile auto-clave unit!

Of course our "Fall" season doesn't roll in until around October...so I still have a ways to go (bugger!).

I do love my sandals, but I ADORE my boots. I love the textures of fall fabrics, the deep tones of the colors, the feel of a cashmere sweater, and I love wearing my vintage scarves. Those Fall tones simply look better on a redhead...IMO.

One thing I since moving here is the color of the trees. The aspens in Colorado are stunning, and the Shenendoah valley in Virginia has always been one of my fave places to visit during autumn.

But I must agree with you Jane, the sun setting at 5pm is somewhat depressing! But here it means you can actually walk outside without suffering from heat stroke ;)

~e

Lola,

Have you had your surgery yet? How did it go???

Hope all went smoothly and that you're happy with the results.

Jane

almost... just a few more weeks. I am at 24 days and counting!

thanks for asking!!

Hi Girls,

I really like spring and fall. I don’t like the extremes. When it gets hot and humid or cold and brr.. snowy I become an indoor girl. I really prefer the moderate temperatures.

Around this point in the summer, I usually start getting tired of my clothes and I’m ready for a major wardrobe change. This year, for some reason, it’s different. I really like my clothes and I’m not at all bored with them. I still really enjoy wearing them. While I was packing for my cruise today, It was exciting, packing at the last minute because I am packing the clothes I am wearing every day. I also know that I’ll be wearing them again soon, on my next cruise.

However, that has not stopped me from shopping. I also like the new fall fashions. I bought some shoes and my husband bought me a handbag. I bought some mix and match pieces from the new Ellen Tracy line.

Yesterday, we were in Macy’s doing some last minute cruise shopping for him. I found some great items for myself manufactured by INC. I really like their stuff. I like the cut and flow and they use really nice, rich fabrics.

I have also been buying a lot of mix and match pieces. INC mixes and matches well. Is anyone else mixing and matching heavily these days?

Just to let you know, I’ll be leaving on my cruise tomorrow so I may not get back to this discussion til next week, but I’ll be back.

Linda :)

almost... just a few more weeks. I am at 24 days and counting!

thanks for asking!!

Hope all goes really well.

Please report back to us and let us all know that everything is great.

Good luck!

Jane

I have not even thought about fall yet. I am too busy making the summery clothes for the cruise. I suppose I should give this some thought huh? I am a stay at home Mom so I will probably only pick up a couple classic pieces.

Archived