I am ready for fall are you with me?

zcat

Absolutely not!!!! I love warm weather, the beach, our pool and pastel colors. A visit to the Northeast is nice but we can't wait to get back here. However, even Florida has it's share of cold weather in January. But not angora sweaters or dark colors--at least for me.

Esther

I moved to central FL a couple months ago, and have packed away my cahsmere and heavier wools in cedar. I figure I probably won't have a chance to wear it again for quite some time.

In about four months I should be able to wear the lighter weight merino wools.

Anne

I love the morning sun and a fresh breeze through a open window. I despise A/C but can't live w/o it due to horrible summer wx in MD. Don't like being staying inside due to winter wx, either! We are going to be 'sniffing around' Hilton Head this weekend -- anybody have any suggestions? Guess that's why we travel so darn much, yes?

I live in FL and we have had a brutal summer. I have always missed fall but this year really am looking forward to a break from the heat.

I prefer cold weather clothes and miss being able to wear them. Luckily, I will be up north 3 times this fall and out West twice so I will get a dose of fall colors and coolness.

I'd so much rather be hot than cold. I love summer - sandals, shorts, staying light until 9:00.

I love fall clothes for about a month! Love boots, but put my Birkenstocks on as soon as I get home.

For me, a perfect world would be five months of Spring, one month of Summer, five months of Fall and one month of Winter. Ahhhhh . . . to live in Utopia . . . :D

Sounds absolutely wonderful! When you figure out where that exists, will you please let me know? I'd love to move there someday!

I like boots but no itchy material for me either. My sweaters are all cotton. I won't need them for a long time since fall weather won't be here until at least the end of September. Then the short winter we have will show up just about Christmas time. I love Central Texas since I really dislike cold temperatures and trying to stay warm.

I live in the midwest where it is pretty in the spring and fall and beautiful and green in the summer, but it is ugly in the winter. Everything is just so BROWN and dull and I hate cold weather.

I love the summer. I like to plant lots and lots of flowers all over my yard and in containers on my deck and patio.

I like to just float in the pool on lazy afternoons and on the long evenings, pour a glass of wine and sit out on my deck.

I love watching my granddaughters play softball in the summer. (Two of them got to go to Colorado this year to the regional state tournament and the oldest went to New Jersey for the National tournament. They went to New York City to sightsee. Not bad for a teenager from a little town in Kansas) They play other sports in the winter, but softball is my favorite.

I just love summers. Hate winter. I love tanned skin (I know it's not good for you, but I still do it) sandals and filmy, gauzy tops and dresses for summer.

When it starts turning chilly I'll want to get my winter clothes out, but I just hate seeing summer end.

Maybe another reason I love summer is that I work for the school and I have summer off. No work.

At 4pm it was around 97 degrees...I'm thinking humidity must be close to 99%, and it took me 20 minutes to walk across campus to my mobile oven (car) hauling my bookbag.

I just suggested to DH that Yale or Harvard might be nice this time of year. We could always spend Christmas with his parents in Florida, or my sister's family here in Houston to escape the snow for a month during the winter.

Bring on the cooler weather...please.

~e

Oh MrsRed, I was born and raised in NYC but I lived in New Orleans years ago for 18 months, the heat, humidity and hurricane season was to much for me, talk about anxiety attacks and I had central a/c in the apt and good a/c in the cars. Just can't stand that heat, you've had a really horried summer, we too have had it bad this year up here, but no where near as bad as you.

Bring on the fall/winter.

MrsMoose

Glad you can feel my pain MrsMoose :p It really is unbearable. We're stuck here for at least another 2 years...and after that we need to find another place to live. We live about 10 minutes from campus, and as I'm pulling onto my street the car finally begins to cool down.

We've both lived in "snow country", and in Arizona...so we agree that we'd like a more moderate climate.

Besides, all of my pretty Fall and winter clothes just sit in the closet most of the time :mad: That's just so wrong!

~e

Oh MrsRed, I definitely feel and understand your pain (no jokeing either). I hate heat. I get physically ill. I really do go from one a/c to another in the summer.

It is a shame that all your nice fall/winter stuff sits in the closet. And my philosopy is you can put more on to stay warm but only so much can come off to stay cool.

I believe you, even up here, when it's a hot day (we've had a lot this summer), my car is an oven when I have to go to the grocery store and come out, it takes a good 10 min to cool down, same as you so I fully understand you.

Hopefully the 2 years will go by quickly and you will have cooler weather hopfully for the duration, and then hopefully you can find a nicer climate.

Hang in there

Mrs. Moose

The real tragedy is that I cannot wear my beautiful vintage coats. I have one that dates to the civil war (got it for $4.00), and a faux leapord knee-length cape (my BIL calls it the "Russian Mafia" coat).

I have not worn the civil war coat once since I've moved here. It sounds really strange, but it is an officer's coat from a military academy in Virginia. It is dark blue, wool, double breasted w/brass buttons (with the academy's crest), and a capelet (term/sp?) around the shoulders and latches in front. I found it at a thrift shop on a military base outside of DC when I was dropping off some old uniforms. I have gotten so many compliments on it when I use to go to the theater and such in DC. When I took it to a military museum they gave me the background of the academy and such...wanted me to donate it, but I just couldn't part with it. Selfish I know.

The cape I did wear once a few years ago...my sister keeps wishing she'd grow a bit taller so she could wear it when she visits the in-laws in Wisconsin over Christmas, but that one isn't leaving my house either ;)

So if I have the opportunity to move to a climate where I can wear them...that's a bonus!

DH and I are thinking that perhaps in one year we can make the move! Here's hoping!

~e

I am not looking forward to Fall. We live in MA, and it is already starting to get chilly. I am not liking it very much... it feels like summer just started and now it is almost over!

I keep telling DH that if he ever gets a job offer in a warmer climate, I would not complain! ;) If the temp falls below 80 degrees, I am cold... so the warmer weather suits me much more! I do enjoy wearing sweaters and nice jeans, but because I get so cold, I have to wear the turtleneck, the sweater... and I feel like I just gained 15 pounds in 2 minutes!

Give me summer any day... the smell of fresh cut grass, the birds chirping out my window, hearing the kids laughter as they swim in the pool and soaking in the sun. DH tells me that I am part plant, as I love to just sit in the sun... I will actually move my seat outside to be in it!!

Don't get me wrong...I love the leaves in Autumn, the smell of the apples in the orchards and the crunch of the acorns and pinecones under foot, I just really like summer that much more!

I hate wearing real shoes and practically live in my flip-flops as soon as it gets warm enough and until it gets too cold. I also avoid wearing a coat for as long as possible because I know that once I start to wear it, I'll wear it everyday for months! Granted, I don't love the days here when the humidity gets way up there and the temp is above 90, but I can deal with it. During the winter, I can't dress in what I like as much and have to just wear what is warm. People look like marshmellows on campus with their puffy coats, hats, gloves, and scarves. Luckily, it's a small campus so I don't have to be outside much when it gets bitter cold. Last winter, around January, I decided I'd just go down to Florida then and meet mom and grandma down there for the cruise next January. Unfortunately that didn't work out :(

Oh lol, I love a nice fur coat, nice cashmere sweater, leather pants, boots, Cashmere coat, cashmere blazer, did I mention I love cashmere, fur and all that softness.

Skiing, snowmobiling. In summer, I don't do any sports, but a beautiful snowy day, a nice cheese fondue with a good bottle of chablis, roasted chestnuts, oh I can't wait for fall/winter.

Oh lol, I love a nice fur coat, nice cashmere sweater, leather pants, boots, Cashmere coat, cashmere blazer, did I mention I love cashmere, fur and all that softness.

Skiing, snowmobiling. In summer, I don't do any sports, but a beautiful snowy day, a nice cheese fondue with a good bottle of chablis, roasted chestnuts, oh I can't wait for fall/winter.

Substitute cabernet for chablis and add some crusty bread and stinky cheese and I'm there!

About angora. Pure angora bunnies are the looonng fluffy & soft very soft bunny breeders raise. The sweaters I have are very fluffy and cost $400 up. I have several the fur is what every one wants to touch in a knitting store because it is so luxurious. These sweaters are beautiful and expensive. The short rabbit fur is most times mixed with something else and cheep sold in mass markets. Mohair is off of several different animals. The longer the fur the more money and the softer the sweater is. Also have several of these. The best quality fur takes the dye wonderfully especialy the jewel colors. I have a few that are mixed with silk and they are outstanding in rich colors and so very very soft. The cheep mohair is the short stubby hairs and are sticky. Mohair is hot, yes real hot. Angora is your are going to die hot and is very very fluffy and makes everyone look fluffy. I am thin so I don't care. My husband keeps me well suppliedwith these beautiful gems. What I do hate is when someone says after they rub my sleeve "can I touch you"? Well they just did and hate it. Cashmere sweaters are all prices because of the grade of the fur used.

I'm ready for fall! Sick of this hot weather. My car read 113 degress yesterday as I was running around. But my fall is probably like most everyone elses summer! We can expect to "cool down" to the 80's by late October! That's perfect by my standards.

Archived