Pride of America

Luv my furbaby

Any specific questions? That would help folks give you the kind of info you're looking for.

In lieu of that, my review of our (wonderful) POA cruise is linked in my signature.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Looking for info on Pride of America and the Hawaiian cruise?

Thanks

Just returned last Saturday from my 2nd cruise on the Pride of America. IMHO, one of NCL's hidden gems.

The Hawaii Port boards are a great resource and are just full of information that will be helpful for this cruise.

Here is a link to a great blog from a past PoA cruiser: http://moonprincess.com/travel/479/

If you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to try to answer them.

• 1 month later...

Just back from poa 1/3/15. Food was not great!!!! I had an aft balcony. If you wanted to get from balcony to cabin door, you can only do so one at a time. (unless one of you want to jump the bed. Really tiny showers, with bodywash & shampoo. No conditioner. I ended up buying soap & thankfully brought conditioner from home.

If you are a smoker; cigarette or cigars you can only smoke aft in the wakakai bar. There are sun covers for shade, but wide open to wind (windy) & rain which with the wind blows sideways.

The shows were great. Excursions: Waterfall hike which was great, but a little tougher than i expected. Whale watching, excellent saw a whale breach the water. kona coffee tour & choclate was interesting. Luau was great! Beautifully done.

We took this cruise the week of Christmas. I must agree the food was only fair with the breakfast buffet offering the best in taste and variety. We had a large balcony room which we enjoyed very much. Try to get your stateroom on the port side as that is the side that has the longest time to view the Napali coast.

We rented a car in every port and that worked out very well. Much cheaper than purchasing excursions for the four of us.

We used this cruise as a floating hotel and really didn't partake of the shows or cruise activities. This was our first time in Hawaii and we wanted to take advantage of every minute on shore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our large balcony room was a category B6. I don't know the square footage off hand but I believe you can get that information on the NCL website under deck plans. The large balcony is over twice the size of a regular balcony and appeared to be almost the same size as our stateroom, give or take a few feet. Enjoy your time in Hawaii!

We took this cruise the week of Christmas. I must agree the food was only fair with the breakfast buffet offering the best in taste and variety. We had a large balcony room which we enjoyed very much. Try to get your stateroom on the port side as that is the side that has the longest time to view the Napali coast.

We rented a car in every port and that worked out very well. Much cheaper than purchasing excursions for the four of us.

We used this cruise as a floating hotel and really didn't partake of the shows or cruise activities. This was our first time in Hawaii and we wanted to take advantage of every minute on shore.

What company did you book your rental cars with? Right now we are looking at rental cars for Maui, but we may do one for Kauai as well. Thanks!

What company did you book your rental cars with? Right now we are looking at rental cars for Maui, but we may do one for Kauai as well. Thanks!

The website Discount Hawaii Car Rentals is highly recommended here on Cruise Critic and Trip Advisor. We used them on our summer 2014 POA trip. At the top of the web page, click on the blue highlighted "Pier Pick Up" and select your port. You can compare prices and you will be routed to the website of the rental agency for booking. It's worth it to sign up for the loyalty program of whatever agency you choose. Get's you in the priority line. We ended up using Thrifty for our rentals.

Edited by punkincc

We used discount Hawaii car rental also. This website works as an aggregate site and you will state you are a cruise ship passenger and the type of car you want to rent. You are then give a choice of brand 1, 2 or 3 etc. the brand is revealed at checkout. The nice thing about using this company is that you do not need to put a credit card hold on your reservation.

Has anyone stayed these? Is the foo itself any lRger than other balcony rooms?

We have a B1 aft balcony room booked and after much research I gathered the room is the same size as any other balcony room but the balcony is much larger.

I was afraid of that:( I just wish POA's rooms (all of NCL) were larger - it';s the pits when you can;t walk around the end of the bed but one at a time and turned sideways practically! For as much as we paid extra for those large balconies, I would think the rooms should be larger.