Office Gifts from Mexico

Tantsee

I have a gift exchange at work just a couple days after I return from our cruise. The limit is $10 and needs to be appropriate for male or female. I also try to find something small for 7 co-workers. Seems like it should be simple to find gifts, but I always have trouble. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Will be going to Mazatlan, PV and Cabo.

Vendors on the beach sell lots of trinkets that would be good for your office workers. In the past I've brought back glass swizzle sticks with different colored things atop them, animals, chile peppers, sombreros, etc. Cute and cheap, and people loved them.

Also, little papier mâché animals and birds with wobble heads. Looks like they're moving. Beaded bracelets, get a bunch and let them pick. A little more expensive are the colorful painted pottery boxes that are great for holding paperclips, etc.

For the $10 gift for male or female, I've purchased boxes of chocolates shaped like seashells, amaretto-filled chocolates, and there's a store near the Central Mercado in PV that sells spiced nuts that are to die for. A bottle of real Mexican vanilla (Orlando brand is a good one) might also be suitable.

Cabo is pretty limited to tourist trinkets. Mazatlan doesn't have a lot of shopping near the port - a few stalls that have the basics. PV is your best bet. Lots of stuff and lots of competition. Go to the flea market by the river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We like giving as gifts lime squeezers that they use at the bars in Mexico.

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq196/oro_imports/kitchen/101_3237.jpg

We usually get them on A.Serdan at this great little Mexican hardware store just past La Ronda, they cost 75 pesos and last forever.

http://vallartainfo.com/vallarta-southside-map.html

there's a store near the Central Mercado in PV that sells spiced nuts that are to die for.

I'm heading there in less than a week any chance you or anyone else knows the name of the shop?I love nuts and they sound like they would make a great gift

Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app