"Arty" question for anyone on the Mariner

Mudhen

As is the food. Subjective. Even more so with art. I, myself like the Works hanging in the Atrium as well through out the ship. Check out another post on this board with all the art critics opinions. Seems a dollar value must be placed on art to appreciate.

As is the food. Subjective. Even more so with art. I, myself like the Works hanging in the Atrium as well through out the ship. Check out another post on this board with all the art critics opinions. Seems a dollar value must be placed on art to appreciate.

I totally agree with the fact that art is as subjective as food. It's nice to know that someone (other than me) actually looks at and thinks about the art. I personally find a headless humanoid figure hanging in an elevator shaft a little disturbing. Maybe a past, disagreeable passenger who didn't get enough to eat? (giggle!)

• 4 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me if the (ghastly) "chicken wire man" still hangs in the elevator shaft? As a former art teacher, I appreciate most art in one way or another. The CWM somehow falls into another category!

The only ghastly art that I recall on the Mariner last year were appalling works strung out along one corridor for auction. For the most part over-priced, over-hyped, tasteless, junk. Regency should show more class than to host these tacky "art" auctions.

Can anyone tell me if the (ghastly) "chicken wire man" still hangs in the elevator shaft? As a former art teacher, I appreciate most art in one way or another. The CWM somehow falls into another category!

As of 3 weeks ago he was still there....and he looks a little rusty.

j

We were on Mariner for 34 days in November and all the hanging art was replaced during last dry dock last year. We loved the new artwork. Also loved the lounge make-overs. Excellent food so I guess you can say we were "subjectively" very happy cruisers.

Edited by sevenseassailor