Groupings for Kids 12-17???

Based on what I've seen, the activities look like the 12-17 year olds are all together...is this right???? Seems like a very large age spread (esp when my daughter is a 12 year old). I'm wondering if they are separated once they go to the activity location. Any tips are appreciated!

From what I understand, the 12 - 14 year olds are together and the 15 - 17 are together but everyone is in the teen club and they often do the same activities. When we were onboard Explorer last year there were not tons of kids on our sailing so most of the time all the teens were together.

I can honestly say I have been very impressed with the teens in the teen club, really nice kids. My DD is autistic and she has never felt singled out or bullied and like an outcast. I've met some of the friends she has made onboard and they were a great group. The youth staff don't tolerate anything mean and any rule breaking while in an organized teen activity means cancelling the activity (though silliness is allowed.) She was mad once because a group of boys ruined some things for everyone when security showed up. Generally trouble makers don't frequent the teen club.

Talk to the youth staff when you get onboard. They really helped me feel more comfortable leaving my special need daughter with them. That said, my younger daughter (14), who is very quiet, was not interested in the teen club.