Taxi, Seven Mile Beach

JOHN 57

There are many threads on this -

Most jump on a "bus / minivan" across from the tender dock.

FYI - We made the 1.5 mile walk to Royal Palms on 7 mile this week - it was mostly cloudy so it was no problem.

"The main bus depot is next to the library on Edward Street. Edward Street runs parallel to the waterfront, a couple short blocks inland.

Generally US currency coins are not accepted. US$ bills or Cayman currency is accepted. Fare is CI$2 = US$2.50 per person to the beach by route bus. Drivers likely will not be able to provide change in US$. Pay when you are getting off the bus at your destination.

There are taxis lined up right at the port, but they charge more (US$5 or more per person) and tend to wait until they are full before departing.

Taxis and route buses look similar. Most are Toyota HiAce vans. Route buses have a circular decal with a number indicating the route. Route #1 or #2 go past Seven Mile Beach. "

• 2 weeks later...
I have a quick question, when we get off and pay, can I pay for us all in one shot? We will be a group of 12. Can I just give the driver $30 or would we need exact change for each of us?

Thanks!

It's been a couple of years since I was there but the "buses" were small vans so I don't think you will get all 12 of you in the same van.