Getaway Vibe

thatjoeguy

We're sailing out on the Getaway on January 10th and wondering about Vibe. When we were on the Epic last winter, we spent most of our sun time out at the front of the boat (with the padded beds) but by the end of the trip, it was getting fairly crowded and chair hoggy. We were thinking about trying to sign up for Vibe this year (if we make it in time) and had a few questions:

1) Aside from always available nice chairs, misting, fruit skewers, and hot tubs, is anything else included in the price? I think I read something about included drinks at the sail away party?

2) Is there a quiet area with padded chairs outside of Vibe and the Haven similar to the front of the boat on Epic? I think I saw one in one of the Breakaway/Getaway pictures (on the port side of the ship) but wasn't sure if it was just the normal chairs.

3) Did anyone ever feel like they were missing out on hanging out with new friends because they were always in Vibe? We tend to meet lots of new people at the LGBT get-togethers, and would hate to miss out on seeing them around the boat.

Thanks all!

We're sailing out on the Getaway on January 10th and wondering about Vibe. When we were on the Epic last winter, we spent most of our sun time out at the front of the boat (with the padded beds) but by the end of the trip, it was getting fairly crowded and chair hoggy. We were thinking about trying to sign up for Vibe this year (if we make it in time) and had a few questions:

1) Aside from always available nice chairs, misting, fruit skewers, and hot tubs, is anything else included in the price? I think I read something about included drinks at the sail away party?

2) Is there a quiet area with padded chairs outside of Vibe and the Haven similar to the front of the boat on Epic? I think I saw one in one of the Breakaway/Getaway pictures (on the port side of the ship) but wasn't sure if it was just the normal chairs.

3) Did anyone ever feel like they were missing out on hanging out with new friends because they were always in Vibe? We tend to meet lots of new people at the LGBT get-togethers, and would hate to miss out on seeing them around the boat.

Thanks all!

Haven't been on Getaway, but we had Vibe passes on Breakaway. Best money we spent on the trip. To answer your questions

1) Yes, that's it. No free sailaway drinks that I'm aware of but full disclosure we spent sailaway on our balcony with a bottle of champagne.

2) I think there are a few padded chairs all the way forward on Deck 17 (?), but nothing that I can think of on the Port side. There were padded sitting chairs on the Waterfront. Again, Breakaway experience.

3) For sure it's a secluded place, but we were mostly looking for solitude. We did meet a few people from the CC M&G and saw a few of them in Vibe during the week, but for the most part we just kept to ourselves during the day.

I did a solo cabin on the Getaway back in August with the drink package.

1 - I'm not sure if it included drinks during the sail away party...my memory is very fuzzy after the muster drill, but I had the UBP so that would explain the fuzzy memory ;):)

2 - There's a sun deck (no pool or cool down area) and then SpiceH2O which is aft that is adults only. Vibe is really if you want a quiet area of the ship with a bar nearby...or a waiter...they'll bring a drink to you while you sit in the hot tub! :);) There are padded chairs on the waterfront to SIT on, not to lay down on like you are in the sun. If you enjoy Sun, not being around kids and drinking, the Vibe Pass is definitely worth it.

3-Nope! In fact based on what I read here I knew to go to the port early enough so that I could get a Vibe Pass. In fact, I met a couple in the terminal who were doing the exact same thing and got one of the cabanas there! I was the first in line and they were the 2nd. So no, it will not affect you meeting people. In fact, you'll probably meet more people there than at the LGBT meetings as the Sunset Bar. You really will need to use your gaydar to find people who are at the LGBT meetup instead of just drinking (just remember to check both the inside part and outside part of Sunset bar since it's on the Waterfront).

Just got off the Getaway... I saw no real good reason to do the Vibe.. We never had a problem getting seating near the adult pool, and I think you are isolated from your travel companions and new friends made onboard unless everyone gets vibe passes.

1) Aside from always available nice chairs, misting, fruit skewers, and hot tubs, is anything else included in the price? I think I read something about included drinks at the sail away party?[/Quote]

We were on the September 13th sailing and had Vibe passes. There were no free drinks during sailway

2) Is there a quiet area with padded chairs outside of Vibe and the Haven similar to the front of the boat on Epic? I think I saw one in one of the Breakaway/Getaway pictures (on the port side of the ship) but wasn't sure if it was just the normal chairs.[/Quote]

I do not recall seeing any but didn't look either

3) Did anyone ever feel like they were missing out on hanging out with new friends because they were always in Vibe? We tend to meet lots of new people at the LGBT get-togethers, and would hate to miss out on seeing them around the boat.[/Quote]

Here is my feeling about the Vibe. If the ship is sold out I say buy the passes as getting up at 6:00am to get a lounge chair isn't my thing. Normally my wife and I LOVE being right next to the pool but it is so darn small (I mean really....who thought it was a good idea to have a pool that small on a ship that size?) that we didn't like bumping elbows just to cool off. Did we feel like we missed out hearing the bands and activities at the pool? Yes, but the trade off of having more space was worth it to us as the back door to the Vibe is a short flight of stairs to the pool.

-g

Thanks all!

0) SHIP not BOAT! :D

1) No drinks were included when we sailed in September.

2) As you go up the flight of stairs to reach the Vibe deck, there will be another small deck one more level up. There is a flight of stairs to your right as you get to the entrance of the Vibe. We went up there several times and there was never anyone else there except during the fireworks show.

3) We had Vibe passes and cabana #1. We ended up there only a couple of time during the cruise because there was so much to do and there never was an issue with chair hogs etc. In fact for most fo the cruise they had a large number of the chairs and loungers stack and secured because of the lack of demand.