All the good Gavelston hotels booked???

George C

Doing cruise out of Galveston end of April and end of Nov 2015, Hilton and all the other good hotels seemed to be booked, never had a problem before?? Even Nov 2015?? we always stayed at Hilton or San Luis before, just want a nice place with restaurant and bar, may need to stay at hotel by Hobby

Doing cruise out of Galveston end of April and end of Nov 2015, Hilton and all the other good hotels seemed to be booked, never had a problem before?? Even Nov 2015?? we always stayed at Hilton or San Luis before, just want a nice place with restaurant and bar, may need to stay at hotel by Hobby

It's too far out for November

April?? Call them all.

Or

it's lone star motorcycle rally

This year 2014 500,000 attendees over 4 days in Galveston

First weekend in November .

Edited by ssb

I did call with my Hilton honor ## and they could not help, I checked and we can get Nov if we stay for 2 nights and pay 300 a night which is 200 a night more that I paid last year. I will keep looking and either get a hobby airport hotel or fly in same day

I did call with my Hilton honor ## and they could not help, I checked and we can get Nov if we stay for 2 nights and pay 300 a night which is 200 a night more that I paid last year. I will keep looking and either get a hobby airport hotel or fly in same day

If you are looking to book a room the first weekend in November - stay someplace out of town if you can get a room.

The annual Lone Star Bike Rally is held the first weekend on November every year. This year there were more than 600,000 on the island.

Not only are rates high, but already booked for next year as there is limited availability on the island.

No we were looking at last weekend of Nov or April since we are cruising out of Galveston, I really like flying in day before but do not have too. We have done this several times before without a problem.

Then wait awhile before booking. rates fluctuate wildly - don't know why, but they do.

You should be able to get something affordable on the island at the end of November and April.

Good luck

We have rooms booked for the Hilton in April for our trip. We made them in May 2014 when we booked our trip out of Galveston.. We have ocean view balcony rooms at $150 a night. We have looked at them since, if they are available they are running $300 a night.. we are also staying two nights as that is what we do on any trip, not knowing it was a two night minimum.

That being said, booking early is a must.

That might be the OTC time frame. Pretty much every hotel within 50 miles is booked solid and rates skyrocket for the few rooms that are left during that time.

Yes probably right

For those unaware the OTC is

OffshoreTechnology Conference

World Wide Attendance

• 3 weeks later...