Transportation help plz

hockeyluver

Have you considered renting a van?

Or consider a bus...probably not the favorite choice, but it'll save a good chunk of money. I know they have Megabus in Miami so it might be worth looking into to see if it's in the starting and ending location as well. Most people can ride for $1-4 per person. You just have to factor in delays and what-not, but it's very cheap so it could be an option.

Otherwise, I'd just consider renting a van and parking it at the port...that way you can do everything on your own time.

According to the Google maps about 90 minutes to 2 hours.

Leave time to take care of business in the terminal for renting a car.

Factor in the time, and the cost of the car rental, and the time to take it back or pay for parking.

for 6 people PLUS luggage you are looking at a van. could be expensive.

Have you also looked into FLL.

We are flying in the day before and the flights out i am looking at 4pm or later. I have looked at a few car rental places for a van, I was wondering if anyone knew of a shuttle or driver service. We have used SAS before but they only do fort lauderdale and Miami. I found really really cheap rates going into fort Myers :eek: its only a 2 1/2 hr drive lol. Been checking all possible airports/combination of airports.

Our kids are paying for their own vacations so I am trying to keep costs down for them. (they are all in their 20's and employed full time)

Look into one-way car rentals. Have done those in Orlando to PC and FFL to POM. We used Budget, not advertising for them. There was no drop fee because it is a popular port for doing that. It was pretty inexpensive with the right category and no the weren't smart cars!. Taxis at POM have fixed rates, it was under $10 from the car rental place to the port and vise-versa going back. The great thing about using a rental is it's on your time. Need to stop for something, no prob. Want to see something, well you get the picture.... Good luck on choosing. Mike

This has been an eye opener. I have gotten cheaper flights into FLL instead of Miami and saved money by using a shuttle service. We got into Miami in about the same amount of time as going from West Palm Beach. But ouir shuttle was only $20.00 each one way.

As I tried your airport it is more that double that. It does sound like you should look for to rent a van. It might be cheaper.