Coke Zero

lacell

Gotta have my coke zero. Has anyone had success checking soda recently? What's the worst that could happen? I really don't want to be delayed having to go to the back and explain myself. Do I need to use bottles or will a pack of cans work?

Do they even sell Coke Zero on board or have it in the fountains?

As far as I know, only the ships with the Freestyle Coke Machines have Coke Zero. I have had it on Allure, Jewel, and Majesty. Its not available at the bar or dinner.

Do they even sell Coke Zero on board or have it in the fountains?

Which ship are you sailing on? If it is one with Freestyle machines maybe you could just buy the soda package and then you can have all the Coke Zero you want without having to worry about taking it aboard with you.

Just called RC and I'm afraid you are right - no freestyle machine yet :(

Did we discuss when you were cruising? Liberty is moving to Galveston in the near future. I would reckon a guess that they could be added then. The standard accepted theory is Royal wasn't putting them on ships that were part time in the US and part time elsewhere. That could also change in the future, I don't know Coke's plans for those machines. They are very heavy dependent on keeping supplies up to date.

We took Coke Cherry Zero in our carry-on luggage on Independence, Enchantment and Majesty recently all with success.

We had to open the luggage after the scanner on Enchantment and Majesty. We speculated that it was because we took a partial 12-pack and they were verifying it wasn't beer, but we didn't ask....

Independence was full sealed 12-pack and was never questioned.

The new dining planner shows Freestyle only available on Majesty, Enchantment, Freedom and Oasis and Quantum Class vessels.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/statichtmlpage.do?pagename=brochure_dining_guide_options

Freestyle machines are available on,

Explorer, Quantum, Grandeur, Freedom, Enchantment, Oasis, Allure, Majesty and the Jewel

The new dining planner shows Freestyle only available on Majesty, Enchantment, Freedom and Oasis and Quantum Class vessels.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/statichtmlpage.do?pagename=brochure_dining_guide_options

I didn't look at your link, but I know for a fact that it is on Jewel of the Seas. The way you wrote that could also be construed to mean Freedom class vessels, which is not right, but I don't think you meant that.

Is freestyle the same as fountain soda or do all ships have this?

Freestyle are special machines that have approx. 120 flavors that you can choose from. This is not the same as fountain sodas where there are maybe 4-5 choices. The ships with the machines are listed above in post #14.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Is freestyle the same as fountain soda or do all ships have this?

The Freestyle is an automated fountain machine that is computerized and allows for combination drinks. Try googling it for a picture. I think they are currently only in the US.