Miami port car rental shuttle ?

danmp

I was about to do a reservation for a thrifty car rental with shuttle and a return to fort-Lauderdale airport the day after, but old reviews seems pretty bad.

Does anyone here got any issues with them, or any car rental company for a rent from the port to FLL airport ?

I got a quote with thrifty for an economy car ( kia rio or something like that ) for about 51 $ Is it accurate?

thank you !

National, Alamo & Thrifty offer free shuttles from POM to their MIA airport location.

There are other agencies with locations in downtown Miami closer to POM - some (Hertz) offer shuttles but are often overwhelmed with cruise customers; others are a short cab ride ($12) from POM.

Good luck! :)

As John says, there are more.

We used Sixt in downtown Miami multiple times, no shuttle, just a short cab ride. For the price you quoted Sixt gave us an free upgrade to a VW Touraeg last Nov (booked under six months in advance if I remember correctly).

It's a smaller business with 3 counters but with less cruisers, European fleet of cars, a great staff and pickup/dropoff next door and never waited more than a few minutes in line.

Their prices usually compensate the cab ride vs the wait and packed shuttle ride. Or at least we like to think that. ;)

We have used the Avis downtown Miami location (about a $12 cab ride from POM) - convenient and I get a good corparate rate based upon my employer.

If you reserve the car to pick-up in Miami and drop at FLL then you can do it -- most major agencies in FLA do not charge a one-way drop charge, but one-way rentals may not qualify for the best rate.

Use a travel web site (I like www dot carrentals dot com) to compare rates from many agencies.