Best Western Plus Downtown Vancouver

awesome grandma

We are planning to fly in one day early for our cruise in July 2015 on HAL. Has anyone used the cruise package with this hotel in Vancouver? Includes taxi from airport to hotel, Shuttle to Downtown, Ferry to Granville Island, Hot Breakfast, and shuttle to Canada Place the next morning.

Is there a big difference in price for the package compared to just a room? We stayed there for 2 nights this past summer and our "room only" reservation included a free shuttle anywhere in downtown (including Canada Place), one-way ferry ticket to Granville island, and the free use of bicycles.

Depending on the cost of the package, it might be cheaper to just do the taxi and breakfast on your own. There is a White Spot restaurant located in the hotel, but we chose to eat breakfast at a Tim Horton's located close by.

I covered our time in Vancouver in my trip report. Here is the link if you are interested: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=365&f=55

The only real downside to the BW Downtown is that it's in the heart of the 'entertainment' (aka party) district, and can be noisy in the evenings. Other than that, it gets generally good reviews.

As for the transfer from the airport, a taxi separately would be $35 (fixed)+tip, and from the BW to the cruise terminal I can't see how it could exceed $12. If you factor those in with your stay, you might find that just booking a normal stay and not the package, is actually cheaper.