Coral Princess - E727 & E731. Good,Bad, indifferent??

brt49

We and another couple recently booked what were the last balcony cabins left on the 15 Day Panama Canal Cruise leaving out of LA in September 2015.

Are these cabins undesirable?

I mean the last available cabins were clustered in this area.

Emerald Deck, Aft.

Any issues with these cabins? Vibration, Noise, Unusual Balcony/Room Set up?

It just always worries me when out of 700 balconies, our cabins were the last choice. Just wondering WHY people avoided them??

We spent 17 days on the coral in 2012 in an inside cabin E716. We had a delightful time. There is a little vibration and noise from the engines, which I actually appreciated in the I knew we were still moving as long as I could hear them.

We had no noise from the aft lounge. and with your cabins being starboard, there would be much less noise (if any) as the band and stage on on the other side the lounge.

One of the best things about the Emerald deck is a large viewing deck at the stern. You can go out there anytime and get a great wake view. When going through the canal, this is a great viewing spot when going through the locks. I also stayed there when going through the "cut" as it was quiet and not at all crowded and the views were 360˚.

I do suggest when going through the canal, to move around the ship. That way you can see a lot more.

Also, IMHO,the best part of the LA to FLL cruise is that the ship hits the lake around lunch time. Pref. for hitting the Buffet and sitting in air-conditioned comfort for 3 hours that it takes to cross the lake.

You should have no problems in that part of the ship.

We and another couple recently booked what were the last balcony cabins left on the 15 Day Panama Canal Cruise leaving out of LA in September 2015.

Are these cabins undesirable?

I mean the last available cabins were clustered in this area.

Emerald Deck, Aft.

Any issues with these cabins? Vibration, Noise, Unusual Balcony/Room Set up?

It just always worries me when out of 700 balconies, our cabins were the last choice. Just wondering WHY people avoided them??

We were in E723 and E725 last year for a Panama Canal cruise. The cabins were great. The balconies are cut into the side of the hull making them a little more private. These balconies are a little larger as well. Not all balconies can be connected by opening a divider between them. The princess deck plans will let you know which balconies can be connected. We heard Zumba at 0900 each from the lounge below, but other than that, pretty quiet.

You do get easy access to the open are on the rear of Emerald deck which is great for canal viewing.

Good Cabins

Enjoy

We were in E723 and E725 last year for a Panama Canal cruise. The cabins were great. The balconies are cut into the side of the hull making them a little more private. These balconies are a little larger as well. Not all balconies can be connected by opening a divider between them. The princess deck plans will let you know which balconies can be connected. We heard Zumba at 0900 each from the lounge below, but other than that, pretty quiet.

You do get easy access to the open are on the rear of Emerald deck which is great for canal viewing.

Good Cabins

Enjoy

Not sure what you mean by the balconies are cut into the side of the ship on Coral Princess?

Those balconies on Emerald deck are the same as the rest of the ship on the Coral.

Are you confusing the cabins/location with another ship?

Not sure what you mean by the balconies are cut into the side of the ship on Coral Princess?

Those balconies on Emerald deck are the same as the rest of the ship on the Coral.

Are you confusing the cabins/location with another ship?

The balconies in the aft portion of Emerald Deck on the Island and the Coral are not the same as the balconies on the rest of the ship.

Look at the aft portion of Emerald deck from the web page Island Princess to FLL below and you will see what I mean. Photo F

http://www.islandpanama.org/meet-the-ship/covered-balcony-guide/a633/

I noticed that the emerald deck aft cabins are the slowest to fill on our cruise as well. We are booked all the way aft, port side in E736. We booked it at launch. We did so because Tom, the creator of the original post and "map" showing the covered cabins on the Coral, stated that he thought that E736 and its starboard twin were some of the best cabins on the ship. The Emerald Deck aft balconies are completely covered and sheltered from the sun in the Panama Canal and the rain in Alaska and are just steps away from the aft open decks for panoramic views.

We are a little worried about thruster vibrations and noise from the lounge below, but not enough to change cabins. In fact, we have a "no upgrade" marked on our reservation.

I noticed that the emerald deck aft cabins are the slowest to fill on our cruise as well. We are booked all the way aft, port side in E736. We booked it at launch. We did so because Tom, the creator of the original post and "map" showing the covered cabins on the Coral, stated that he thought that E736 and its starboard twin were some of the best cabins on the ship. The Emerald Deck aft balconies are completely covered and sheltered from the sun in the Panama Canal and the rain in Alaska and are just steps away from the aft open decks for panoramic views.

We are a little worried about thruster vibrations and noise from the lounge below, but not enough to change cabins. In fact, we have a "no upgrade" marked on our reservation.

There won't be any aft viewing areas after the May drydock.

On the Coral? Or are you talking about the Island? The OP was asking about the Coral. :confused:

Exactly, I thought the Island was due for dry dock, as the Coral was refurbished in 2013, right?

Exactly, I thought the Island was due for dry dock, as the Coral was refurbished in 2013, right?

The Coral will be the next one to be butchered after the Island.

Any prior drydock on the Coral has nothing to do with the big changes coming for both ships. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

So are you on this cruise? Did you join the Roll Call?

We were on the Coral through the Panama Canal a couple of years ago. We were close to your cabins in E737 and my mother was in E735. We loved the location. The balconies are great. We could touch the walls of the canal from our balcony. The only disadvantage (for my mom and aunt... eighty-somethings) was the distance to the lido buffet. Personally, I liked getting in the exercise.

There won't be any aft viewing areas after the May drydock.

While I know this applies to the Island....I just looked at the new deck plans and on the Emerald deck, there are two aft doors and and an aft viewing deck still in place.....

While I know this applies to the Island....I just looked at the new deck plans and on the Emerald deck, there are two aft doors and and an aft viewing deck still in place.....

That was the smallest out of all of them. I guess we will see or hear about the finished product.

Yes, I checked on that and my source said that the Emerald small aft deck is staying

BUT

you never know what will happen between now and April. Just like the Royal's owners suites. I had one booked for a year, then I looked at my personalizer one day and my cabin number was not the same. And the deck plans were different in the aft. They moved me to one of the side suites when they decided to reconfigure those back cabins. Luckily I got my OS back - oh wait - no, I probably would have been happier on the side where there wasn't any soot.

Just saying, they haven't started building so there still could be changes.

We were in E727 on the Island Princess on our Alaska cruise a couple of years ago. We loved it! It was only one deck above the Promenade deck with easy access to the stairs and elevators. The balcony was covered so we could still enjoy the scenery in the wet weather. Even the laundromat was just a few cabins down the hall - convenient access to that. If we ever cruise on the Island or Coral again, I would not hesitate to book that cabin again.

We were in E727 on the Island Princess on our Alaska cruise a couple of years ago. We loved it! It was only one deck above the Promenade deck with easy access to the stairs and elevators. The balcony was covered so we could still enjoy the scenery in the wet weather. Even the laundromat was just a few cabins down the hall - convenient access to that. If we ever cruise on the Island or Coral again, I would not hesitate to book that cabin again.

Great. I can't wait. This will be our longest cruise yet. We did the 12 Day British Isles Cruise this past September.